cortical dyplasia
my son is 13 years and he has had cortical dyplasia for amount 2 years and on
epilium 12.5 mls in the morning and evening but still the seizures are continuing, what do i do?
Hello.

Cortical dysplasia makes it difficult for the medication to work effectively. What you can do is ask the neurologist to consider adding up another drug, in addition to Epilium. A combination of drugs works better than a single drug.

Regards
my granddaughter has recently undergone brain surgery at UCLA Medical in Los Angeles. She had seizures for six years and was not controlled by many medicines we tried. Her diagnosis cortical dysplasia. She is now seizure free, however, we were told that she probably will never get off medication. We were sent to San Francisco because they have a Magnetoencephalogram (MEG) that enabled the neurologists to pinpoint the exact site for surgery. Good luck...DO NOT give up on finding help in controlling your son's seizures...God Bless Our granddaughter is on Depokote and Trileptal combination.
My 4 year old was diagnosed with cortical dysplasia at 3 years.  He had brain surgery at The Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Ga.  He went from 75-100 seizures a day, including drop seizures.  He has been seizure free for 1.5 years.  That was the best team of doctors I have ever met.  We went to 8 before someone could find out what was wrong with him.  So, its scary but the surgery is the best thing we ever could have done.  He is now able to start learning, and he came off of all medication except for 75 mg of zonegran.  He was on 1400mg a day.  It has made a huge difference.  Hope this helps.
Lisa