Neurology Community
could someone diagnose my pain? Please & thankyou

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

22 male about 15-20 lbs overweight severe ex meth and heroin IV addict (1 month recovered) Around my left ear I have moderate to intensely severe pain which I cannot sleep through. The most painful spot is my upper cheek, inner ear, behind the ear top and bottom and temple. Note I get the pain so bad I freeze up and get silent when I exercise (cardio especially) I have 2 teeth one cavity one rotted from enamel loss and they are the furthest back top and bottom on that side. I have always got these odd formations usually behind my ear and they get quite hard, and up to the size of about 3 quarters stacked ontop of one another. Right now its about one quarter. In addition to that I also get what feels like a tendon behind my temple ( above my ear ). that causes the most pain and gets horrible with exercise and radiates to my ear, jaw, and neck. I am a recovered addict, but I have had this problem as long as I can remember (before addiction) though it has gotten worse like everything else, and no better since abstaining from use. It is worse now because I have no pain relief. When I used to get infections due to sleep deprivation from amphetamines the formations got very bad which makes me think they are related to my lymphatic system. Also I have been prone to ear infections and they get worse then too. I have a cold right now and have been clean a month and noticed they got bigger since I caught the cold. I know I am a stupid junky but please help me diagnose this at least. I am hurting and more importantly trying to stay clean and change, but the pain is really intense and can barely sleep. If there is any supplemental/nutritional suggestions that wouldn't hurt but may not solve the problem either please throw them out there. Quite desperate no healthcare, and few resources. Also apparently I snap my jaw shut extremely hard while I am sleeping many times.
If there is a free clinic in your area, There typically is one in many of the larger cities.  They are charity based and I would recommend you visit one as soon as you can.  I can't tell you what the problem is though, because that is going to take some diagnostic tests, with bloodwork and possible CT or MRI.  Does Tylenol take the edge off the pain for you?  What about Ibuprofen over the counter, the prescription strength of that is 800 mgs, so would be 4 tablets. You also need to have x-rays of your teeth to determine if you have an abscess going on...untreated dental abscesses can lead to heart trouble with epicarditis (an infection around the heart).  

I strongly congratulate you for quitting your addictions, and pray that you can stay free from them.  Most people will relapse, but don't let that stop you from trying again if you do because of this pain you are having.  It would be utterly understandable in your case because of your symptoms.  Much good luck to you in your recovery, you will surely need it.  If you don't have a support person to assist you...now would be the time to get one, maybe a family member?