csf leak
i am 53 * have a clear runny nose. I had this about 7 mos ago & with 3 bottles each of astelin & rhinocort aq. it went away. I have no headache, diziness, balance prob .jus this. I did have bronchitis in the middle of this episode.I quess this bout has lasted about 11/2-2mos. I went to an allergist & the drainage was checked for glucose on the strip. I read up to 74% of these can be false positive. The  drainage is also in the back of my throat at times. no fever. I have empty sella & my prolactin level was nml. it did test positive for glucose. I have had no surgery or head injury. I have had allergies all my life, lived with a smoking parent. is there hope that this is not anything serios as csf? thanks  the drainage tastes salty. It does drip more if I tilt my head forward at times & when I'm lying down at night.am curently on zpak as still have yellow mucus on cough? have had rocephin, avelox 5 days & levaquin750 5 days. am now taking shaklee supplements. HELP
it is unclear why you would have a csf leak.  but if you see a neurosurgeon or a neurologist you may get an imaging test that could determine if you have an abnormal connection.   also, an ENT may be able to do a complete evaluation of your nose to see  where the drainage may be coming from...
My father has a csf leak from his ear and they are unable to locate where it is coming from. I read that these can occur spontaneously. He did have a fall 6 months ago but the MRI only shows the fluid at this time. He will see a neuro otologist. Also have read that the imaging test cisternogram may help locate it, sounds like a complex test. There is a more definitive test to identify the fluid as csf, don't recall the name exactly, something like B transferin test. Since you still have some symptoms of the bronchitis maybe this will clear up. Hope you can see a neurologist to check this out if it persists and good luck.