Neurology Community
emg results possible motor neuron disease
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

emg results possible motor neuron disease

hello i am a 28 year old white male who over the past 2 years have devloped progressive muscle atrophy and weakness with both hypoactive and hyperactive reflexes with wquivical bab. sign bilateraly and i also have clonus i feel very weak i had a emg done at university of maryland medical center emg lab which reads as follows
1. bilateral median-d2, ulnar-d5.and sural snap's are normal
2. bilateral median-apb, left ulnar-adm,and right tibial-ah cmaps are normal
3. right ulnar-adm cmap has a normal amplitude and distal latency,and mild slowing of conduction velocity across the elbow
4.right peroneal-edb cmap has a mildly prolonged distal latency,normal amplitude,and mild slowing of conduction velocity accross the knee
5.left peroneal edb cmap has a normal distal latency and amplitude with mild slowing of conduction velocity accross the knee
6. bilateral peroneal f wave onset latencies are mildly prolonged
7. bilateral median and ulnar and right tibial f waves are normal
concentric needle emg
1.long duration,polyphasic muaps with reduded recruitment are seen in several muscles of right upper and lowe extremities
2. no abnormal spontaneous activity is noted

impression
this study is abnormal. there is electrophysiologic evidence of mild right ulnar neuropathy and of bilateral peroneal neuropathies. the abnormalities on the needle emg are non-specific and could be due to polyradiculopathy or a chronic disorder of the motor neurons or their axons. there is no electrophysiologic evidence of a myopathic process. clin correlation is recommended.

comment: the mononeuropathies(peroneal and ulnar are mosy likely compression neuropathies due to patients thin body habitus

i have normal spinal tap results normal mri which rules out radiculopathy and normal dna results for sensory motor neurophy i have tons of muscle twiches all the time so can you have als without fibs etc. thanks for your time..