Neurology Community
fetal hydrocephalus

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

fetal hydrocephalus

I am 35 weeks pregnant with twins.  Baby A appears to be a healthy baby boy, and Baby B, our little girl, appears to have many congenital malformations.  The most concerning being hydrocephalus.  Her head measurements, 2 weeks ago, were already measuring over 40 weeks.  I think they said something about 12 cm?  They are planning a c section at 38 weeks if I don't go sooner.  Question is:  Is it better to keep her in as long as possible?  I am so worried about brain damage and wondering if she had the shunt placed sooner if it would better her outcome for the future. They are also thinking she has tetrology of fallot, but are not as concerned about this.  When is the average age that they fix this?  
Hi,  I think you should post your question in the Neurosurgery Expert Forum in regards to the fetal hydrocephalus.  Your question in regards to the tetrology of fallot is best answered in the Peds Heart forum.  The Fetal & Peds Surgery Forum generally does not answer neurosurgery questions.  Good luck to you and your twins.  I hope all goes well for you.