Neurology Community
fingers falling asleep

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

fingers falling asleep

My  fingers have been falling asleep every night while  I sleep  several times a night! Why is this?
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

From the symptoms you describe, it sounds that it could be a circulatory disturbance (due to compression of blood vessels) or a nerve pinched /neuropathy.  This may also occur due to any clots in blood vessels, excessive alcohol use or diabetes. I would suggest evaluating all the possibilities with the help of a doctor first. Further referral to a neurologist will surely help you in getting a more precise opinion here. Hope this information proves help you.