Neurology Community
fluid sac on lower spine

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

fluid sac on lower spine

last year after 4 MRI"s and 2 neurosurgeon doctors, found a sac of fluid that was on my lower spine. it was aspirated and they got out 28 cc'c of fluid not puss. it was blood tinted but not red.Everything was fine until almost 8 months later the symptons returned. I recently went in for another MRI and the sac of fluid is back. This week they performed a spinal angiogram but found no problem veins. I am 6'4" and normally an active person. it is to the point now that after a minimum of 15 minutes of physical activity I will develop muscle cramps later in the evening and lower and upper back pains that last until I am able to sleep for a couple hours. most of the time I actually have to sit up to sleep for a time before I can lay down to sleep. this is really putting a damper on my outdoors life styleand would appreciate any tips or sugeestions anyone might have    thanks
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, neuro-muscular issues, endocrine/ hormonal/ metabolic issues etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought. Meanwhile you could try using warm compresses and see if these seem to help.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!