Neurology Community
headache while lying down

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

headache while lying down

I am awakened every night aproximately 3 hours after going to bed with a pounding headache on the side of my head that is on the pillow. Turning over just transfers the pain to the other side or to back of the skull, which ever part I am lying on.  The pain goes away immediately upon sitting up or standing. When it first began I would go sit up and sleep that way.  It has become less severe over time so that I am usually able to find a position that is tolerable. I have had an acompanying bout of sinuitis but can find no info that would connect the two.

This discussion is related to Headache only when lying down.
I have the exact same symtoms (symptoms) the pain is horrible and wakes me up goes away when I get out of bed and walk around. Have you found the problem yet?
I just started experiencing same type of symptoms over the weekend.  Any ideas/diagnosis yet?
I have the same thing its very bad and I am confused how it keeps happening I am getting less and less sleep. It is worse on weekends when I relax at home or lay in bed to watch movies.
I'm up at 4 a.m. as I type this for the very reason you all state. Headache every morning, back of the head (I sleep on my back usually, although changing positions doesn't help). What could be the problem?
I HAVE SLEPT 2 HOURS A DAY FOR 1 WEEK. EVERY TIME I GET READY FOR BED I START TO FEEL PRESSURE/NUMBNESS IN FRONT OF MY HEAD ONCE I LAY DOWN IT HITS ME MY HEAD STARTS TO PULSE ALL OVER SOMETIMES IT HURTS OTHER TIMES IT DOESN'T. I GET REALLY SCARED AND JUMP OUT OF MY BED IT CONTINUES FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES THEN IT STARTS TO GO AWAY SLOWLY. I SIT IN MY LIVING ROOM SOFA AND TRY TO RELAX SOME TIMES I FALL ASLEEP FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. IT HELPS TO JUST TAKE DEEP BREATHS AND DRINK ABOUT 3 CUPS OF WATER. THE WEIRD THING IS THAT THIS LAST ALL NIGHT BUT ONCE IT HIT 7AM IT ALL GOES AWAY AND I CAN LAY DOWN TILL NOON. ITS 5AM  RIGHT NOW! HELP!