Neurology Community
headaches, dizziness,tired everyday!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

headaches, dizziness,tired everyday!

I have been suffering from headaches for about two years now which I am on nortriptyline 50mg to prevent them from going into a fall blowen migraine attack which I have suffered twice in my life. Recently I had a migraine attack, and since then have had ongoing,everyday headaches that cause me to feel absolutely tired worn out and quite dizzy feeling. Im having trouble sleeping and when I rise in the morning my ongoing headache is still with me. I have been given iprofen and codeine for the pain but these do not work, I have tried panadol and asprin, which unfortunately do not work either, sometimes they calm them down but do not actual get rid of them. When I had the migraine attack roughly 3 weeks ago, I was under alot of stress which didnt surprise me what so ever why I got one, but I do not understand why I am still continueing to have these everyday headaches without One day off,  If you have any suggestions or medications which could help me relieve these headaches so I can get on with my life as a mother to my two children that would be great. HELP ME IM OVER IT
Related Discussions
Hi,

First, I would go to my doctor and ask him/her to put you on another medication..Nortriptyline has a side effect of causing insomnia..that is why you can't sleep.

2nd, I would keep a diary of your daily life. Starting from the time you get up in the morning. Ask yourself how do you feel? Do you have a headache when you wake up? Then go on to breakfast, keep track of what you eat (foods play a big part in migraine headaches), drink etc. Keep track of all snacks that you have, and if any headaches develop shorly after eating them. Do the same thing with the other meals. Keep track of anything and everything over a 2 week period. Then look over your diary and see if their is any thing that stands out..like eating a certain food and a short time later getting a migraine.

As you might know, their is many, many things that can cause a migraine headache. From foods, to smells, to weather conditions, to lights, ect. I wish you GOOD LUCK..TAKE CARE..KEMOSABI.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...