Neurology Community
heaviness in both arms and shoulders

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

heaviness in both arms and shoulders

I have had several episodes of temporary weakness
Weakness
or heaviness in both arms.  The episode doesn't last very long - perhaps a minute or so.  It's happened three times in the past 3 weeks and I remember it happening a couple of other times more than a year ago.  When these episodes ocurred I hadn't been doing any physical exertion.  The weakness
and heaviness is in both arms from the shoulders
and is fairly overwhelming when it happens.  It's as if I can't lift my arms or use them.  There isn't really any pain or other symptoms.  Does anyone know whether these symptoms are signifcant - should I see a doctor?  Do you know what causes this to happen?
This is been going on for 2 or 3 months know. Just after waken up in morning . I wakes up in the middle of night with this sometimes . All upper half is Is weak from chest up to my shoulders. Breathing is hard . It dose go a way for the day  but the same thing happen the next day . Iam 50 years old . My dr said it is arthritus . BUT it more to me then that . Thank you