Neurology Community
i think i was electricuted? what now

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

i think i was electricuted? what now

now my arm will go numb and will tingle from my sholdur to my thumb and its constant for about a few hours and then stops it seems to happen whenever at random .?? help! whats wrong
Avatar n tn
Hello.

Can you tell us how you were electrocuted? Is it through an exposed wire? Electric socket? What part of your body was in contact with electricity?

Your symptoms are consistent with and can be related to an electrocution. It would be best to consult a neurologist to assess severity of nerve damage, if present.

Good luck.
Avatar n tn
I was electricuted @ work, a bobbypin was in the outlet when I plugged in the dryer. I recieved a electric shock that made me stuck to the plug for  seconds. After that my joints hurt and a headache I  have hasn't gone away. I also feel anxious since then.  Will this go away or should I see a doctor. Thanx for any suggestions. ***@****
Why is there no electrocution injury forum? I was electrocuted at age 8 for 2-3 minutes on 220 volts. Couldn't let go, muscle spasms through me around everywhere, didn't help to have bladder contraction urinating. Had arc of color over hands of orange and blue over that. so I was told. was pulled off by someone. Two scorch burns occur at entrance in one hand and exit in another. Now have atrophy in hands, arms, suddent onset over age 50 years common I am told for this to happen. So arms are weak, dropping things, plus head injury post MVA 2xs. Neurologists think all is in my head. I guess you could say that. Anyhow, where is a place of knowledge on this topic to research? Thanks from those of us who want to know more.