Neurology Community
intermittent humming/vibration sensation in left groin/thigh

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I'm a 44 year old male who, for the past week, has experienced a humming/vibration sensation in my left thigh/groin area, akin to the vibrate mode on a cell phone.  The sensation is intermittent.  It is not painful, but is irritating.  No motor weakness noted.
I have had exactly the same symptoms recently, a 56-year old male.

I've been working out in a gym for about a year.  I took last week off due to back strain, started back this week and noticed the vibration/hum after my first visit, with sensation occuring about every two minutes, lasting for about 10-15 secs.  I assumed I had somehow strained a muscle and this was some sort of electro-chemical-muscular interaction in the junction between my left leg and groin.  Another thought was that maybe I had a small hernia and the intermittent vibration was fluids backing up then gushing past or through the "pinched" section of intestine where it was bulging through the torn abdominal wall.

No idea what it really is, but reassuring to read your post and realize it is not just my imagination.  Looks like one for the legendary Dr. House and company.
I have had the same sensation lately, 49 year old male, I have been told to watch for blood clots, but I don't know if that is what this is I also have reason to suspect a hernia.  It is very annoying.
I'm a 45 year old male and I have had the same symptom on the outside of my right thigh. it feels like my cell phone on vibrate mode and it has been increasing for several months now. it's one-third of the way down my thigh between my hip and knee and is not really painful. It does it any time of the day or night. Any info would be appreciated.
I don't know about blood clots, but I know this as a symptom of a nerve problem. I have it from neurosarcoidosis, but it could be uncomplicated such as a relayed pain from a spinal disc pinching the nerve, or locally pinching just from the way you are sitting.

Excuse my imagination, but it also feels like when you have loud music on, and the kitchen sieve is vibrating ;-).  Or sometimes it's a slight sensation as if someone is tapping a rythm on your skin.

I felt it just now, but I'd suggest a vitamin B complex such as Neurobion.

Just mind, if you want to have it checked out, don't use Neurobion beforehand, because it masks the symptoms (which means - Neurobion helps!).
Well i fell a little relieved knowing that it's not just me. This vibrating leg,or thigh mussle is driving me crazy it's right in the area where my cell phone rests in my pocket. I am constantly reaching for my phone. I know.....put your phone in the other pocket.Well anyway thanks for the info.
I have this same issue, I have tried a few things over the last few days and it is definitely reducing in intensity and frequency.  I have added a daily vitamin, increased my exercise and taken a gastrolyte every day in case my electrolytes are off balance.
Thank God I'm not losing my mind.  Just started having these sensations couple of days ago.  Since these postings has anyone discovered what this is?
I've got the same problem.  At first it was just once in a while and like others thought it was my cell phone on vibrate.  Today though my thigh has vibrated all day long in about 45 sec. intervals.  Doesn't neccessarily hurt but very irratating.  
I am having the same symptom which I have felt before (thinking my cell phone was vibrating) but tonight it is happening continuously in my right upper thigh towards the back in the middle of my leg.  It's very strange.  I am a 37 year old female.  Has anyone gotten a diagnosis of this issue.  Could it be sciatica?

Im a 27 yr ld male with the same issues... intermittant vibrating in my left thigh... has anyone seen a doctor about this yet?
I'm a 33 year old female and I just started having this problem today!  I've had a weird 6-month history of various health-related issues including low potassium and low magnesium.  I've had quite a lot of nerve problems, muscle twitching, numbness, etc. that I thought was caused by my low magnesium.  But my nerve problems have started back up and now this has started today, I thought I was going crazy.  I work near an airport and kept thinking maybe there was just some very big planes taking off, but now I'm home and it started back up and won't stop.  
I too feel this. It is in my right thigh and seems to be related to my heart pumping. I think it is blood flowing through my vein that runs down my thigh. I have been taking supplements recently and have changed my diet (the "Mood Cure") so this could be related to that. Possibly a sign of High Blood Pressure, though? Also my eyelid twitches pretty regularly.
my left leg yup thsts it. dsmn buzzing feeling dont know what it can be ? really bothersome ,dose not hurt just real annoying .maybe it has to do with lower back i just hope its nothing serious. i have anxiety and take meds on a prn basis .help
I too have had this weird vibrating of the thigh. It went on for a few months all the time, then just stopped. it will still happen now, two years later, but very rarely. I asked on other sites, others experienced the same thing but no real answers.
I decided to work out by doing push ups every few often for the past week.  Need I mind you, I haven't worked out in almost 3 years.  I'm a 32 year old stressed male with two children.  I barely see the day of light and I sit on my computer with my feet up.  Recently about a couple of days ago, my right shoulder began to hurt to the point where I can't lift it.  Then I realized there's a vibrating feeling coming from my left leg.  I too suffer from anxiety but refuse to take medications because this is something I wish to fight with m brain.  

Whatever you guys do, please don't make it out to be something big.  I've learned that being on the Internet and reading this type of stuff tends make you panic especially if you have anxiety.  

I woke up this morning and my shoulder was feeling great.  I picked up my little 2 year old and boy is she heavy; my shoulder began to get worse.  I also noticed by not moving my right arm, the blood began to pump even harder because there was no movement.

Just remember, there are reasons why things like this happen to you.

Stress
exercise
anxiety
gerd + anxiety

So many things that could cause this.  I looked up Vibrating thigh on the Internet and everyone talked about heart attack, block clogs and so on.  Not one person was diagnosed for it.  That tells you it's not life threatning.  Always and I mean always discuss this with your phsycian.  Whatever you do, don't ask an advice nurse.  They always lead things to heart attacks.  If you told an advice nurse that your daughter fell and broke her arm; she'd ask if you had heart disease in your family and that if YOU were breathing normally.  Advice nurses make the situation worse so ignore them.

Remember, your mind plays tricks on you.  It will always be a bad thing but you have to fight your mind and make it good.  Relax and relieve tension.  Go for a walk and keep those muscles moving.  Maybe your body wants movement.  If your eye twitches, it's because something is happening to you and you're nervous.

Everything will be OK; talk to your doctor.

I know this post is old but I hope one day someone does a search and find what I wrote.  Never trust what the Internet says when it leads to something bad.  It's their anxiety and fear talking.

God Bless!
I hope my story helps understand why you might have these strange vibrations in your body.    I have cervical disc herniations MRI is not pretty.   Neurosurgeon was ridiculous, rude and gave no options besides surgery,   I had a mountain biking acc 3 yrs ago and remained active with no pain meds but a lot of weird tightness throughout my body.   I finally tried a PT that does PNF I think it stands for proreceptive neuromuscular facilitation,  yes it means that the physical therapist does manual manipulation, releases the muscles that are constantly tight that should not be and they re train the unused muscle (that become very weak from inj) to get the nerve to send a signal for it to work again.    I am an RN and this type of therapy saved my life!!!    I did received 3 facet joint injection (less risky that epidural) and I am on my 5th month of straight PT with a reduction in repetitive stress inj  I.E.  work/standing/straining/bad posture,  just so my body and get released and strengthen it back up.   And yes it takes work/regular exercise that the PT tells you to do!!!  This is a must, if you do not do your part it will not work fully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Think about it, if you have structural problems/tightness/muscle dysfunction from injury how is just doing exercises that some PT's give goin to work???????    I am absolutely blown away that they actually do no understand that you must get the body back to a normal status without all that crazy tightness and nerve tension/tissue bound up before you can re train the muscles to work in a normal environment.     If you go to a PT that just gives you exercise without evaluating weird tightness/tingling DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!    Find a therapist who does PNF or some other neuromuscular work.    I had to have my right side of pelvis put back in place and what a difference.    But now two days later I have mild left leg groin intermittent vibration sensations.    I will talk to my PT this week but I am sure it is due to the release of tension to the nerves.   I had constant tension to them and that decreases blood flow to them, you have to remember that nerve's are not very forgiving and take time to heal.    It has been a long road and a heart breaking one for someone who is very very physically active/sports etc.   but I have had to be an advocate for my own care, no thanks to a neck specialist/ortho doc/and a  neurosurgeon who is very narrow minded.    As is my father-in-law (retired gen. surgeon) who only believe in pills or surgery!     UGH!!!    I thank God that I found these type of physical therapist who treat based on thier own eval, they are able to practice/assess and set a treatment plan without a doctor's order.   the order is mainly for ins purposes!!!!!!   Where you aware of that!     Anyway  Good luck to all with this problem.   My prayers are with you.    Denise
   I also have been having the vibration in my legs and chest. I've been in PT  for the last 2 and 1/2 months. They use the robotic arm to relax the muscles. After the arm works on the vibration goes  away for awhile.
     I've always had a bad back and i pushed it over the edge when I rreally started working out and running..bad move. for the first month it was all I could to do to walk and stand for any length of time. Its much better now but very frustrating not being able to do what I did before.  
   Can I ask how long you have been recovering?  Its been 4 months for me. Im learning patience..Sometimes you wonder if you have some wierd disease.  The mri came back with a minor herniation..  They believe its from years of stress on the body and the muscles are exhausted.  Being an Rn does that sound right?  Thanks for sharing your story.
I have just started having these sensations since the Chile earthquake, (groin vibrations) and didn't know if MAYBE some of these might just be a reflection of spacial surroundings? I know some people are sensitive to some things whether they know it or not.
I know the eyelid twitch is a stress factor. I have had this on a few occasions and looked at what was going on in my life and when I found the factor ( usually money issues, of course ) I was able to get a hold on it mentally and that went away.
Yes I have this vibration where my cell phone
would normally be in my left pocket
the person that experancws this vibration on right
side
do you carry your cell phone jn right pocket?
If you have low magnesium and potassium you should also be taking Calcium and Vit d supplements. I was having similar neurologic symptoms and my magnesium was low. I started taking magnesium and it helped a little but still had weird symptoms. It wasn't until I got a balance of all of these that my symptoms totally disappeared. They were working me up for MS and all other kinds of disorders and now with 5000 units of Vit D, 500 mg of magnesium and 1200 mg of Calcium a day I am symptom free. Try it it is amazing. They all need each other to work properly. good luck
I have the same feeling. i keep thinking it's my cell phone but then i realize that cell phone is not in my pocket....i am glad that i am the only one with these problems but NOBODY here states if their symptoms improved or if they got a clear diagnostics. PLEASE HELP!!!! Going Crazy!!!
I had the vibration in my groin starting yesterday for the first time and it persisted for 36 hours. I have read other peoples possible solutions here and conclude that I am 39 and have a very good level of fitness (jogging, swimming etc.) and state of health, good diet and have been taking multi vitamins for the last 5 years. I have no stress at home or in work and I am not suffering from any injury or other symptoms. The vibration continues when standing, sitting and laying down and seems to pulse rather than be a continuous sensation. I would be more inclined to think that the source of the pulsing vibration was hydraulic and was associated with circulation. I know that over the last fours days my alchohol intake has increased due to a few parties and my water intake has fallen. My urine has been dark yellow for three days I decided to increase my water intake to hydrate better and see if it had an effect. I drank 1.5 litres of water over 10 minutes and after 45 minutes and now passing clear urine the sensation started to reduce and then finally stop. It's been 5 hours and it has still not come back. ?????? hope this might help.
I'm a 47 year old male who exercises moderately and consistently and takes supplements regularly including Calcium, Magnesium and Vitamin D3. The vibration started recently and is directly under where my cell phone rests, on the outside of my left thigh.  It only started recently and coincides with the purchase of a new smart phone.  It's a rhythmic pulsating sensation with something like a 1 second vibration followed by 3-4 seconds of calm, then repeats.  After I take me phone out of my pocket the vibrations become less frequent, but still have the same rhythm. Eventually they stop.

Just a few moments ago I tried pressing the area while it was vibrating and the vibrations don't seem to be coming from muscle - possibly deeper, like down to the bone.  I like the idea above of it being vascular, but the rhythm I'm feeling doesn't coicide with heart beat or increased stress or exertion.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the rhythm I mention coincides with a phone's broadcast pattern: wifi or 3G cellure patterns.
Female 52,
the 3-5 sec vibration started for me a few months ago and indeed mimmics (sp?) the sensation of the cell phone and in my case blackberry curve smart phone which coincidentally I got a few months ago. The onset was my right groin area right about where my phone used to sit in my pocket. Since then the sensation have spread to other areas of my body, (no hands and feet) but left side of my chest, ribs, inner upper left and right thigh right where in connects, both face cheeks (not the eye) and the outer area of my privates (hopefully not TMI haha). The buzz/tingle (particularly in feet and legs) sensation people are talking about I think is different than the feels like a cell phone description which seems to start in the groin area. Mine has progressed in frequency and locations over the last few months, not necessarily in intensity. I found the correlation idea to the smart phones interesting. We could be on to something here. I might pass this on to a news trouble shooter to see what they can dig up. Love my high tech stuff, so as long as it's not gonna kill me probably won't get rid of it. LOL
You may wish to review stories about "phantom cell phone ring" which is a condition that is speculated to be due to carrying a cell phone in the same place constantly.  While many theories seem to exist regarding pulsing, intermittent vibrations in various parts of the body, so far I've read a number that seem to indicate neuropathy or nerve irritation to be the most likely culprit.  If you have not yet been diagnosed with diabetes or a neurological disorder, this may be your cue to ask your doctor about those.  Also, trauma or repetitive stress can also be a cause of these types of sensations.  Most doctors don't seem to have a clue, so be sure to take your research with you and review it with them.  Good luck!
42 year old mail.

I have the same sensation, but on the right side of my groin, also where I keep my cell phone.  I'm trying not to put the phone there so much,  since you never know if this has something to do with the problem.  Could it be that its just the pressure from tight jeans and the phone that are restricting arteries in that region ?  Could be worth trying to wear baggy trousers for a while lol.  Anyway like a previous writer said, I dont think its anything to worry about.  Dont believe all the scare stories you read on the web, it will probably go away after a while.  
I will update this website after a few weeks to let you know if it helped wearing baggy trousers.  
I m 34 years old and the past year I have the same feeling I know I have a hereditary hip displassia but I though that was part of it but yesterday I have the uncomfortable feeling all day without stop it's driving me crazy!
One possibility:

"Magnesium deficiency symptoms involving the peripheral nervous system include numbness, tingling, and other abnormal sensations, such as zips, zaps and vibratory sensations."

The Importance of Magnesium to Human Nutrition
Michael Schachter M.D., F.A.C.A.M.
(Online article)
My doctor believes this is due to an irritation of the cluneal nerve which passes over the pelvis.  This can occur due to pressure on the pelvis, for example tight jeans (teen girls are getting it) or a backpack (my case).  She recommended ice and anti-inflammatory.  This has helped lessen the vibration feeling.  

Sojourner
Let me make this easy for you all GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!
I did see a doctor! He told me "the jury is out on this one...I have no idea". The good news is that I am not the only one who is experiencing this. The ER doc did Xrays and a CAT scan so I at least know I am not on my way out. I took a pretty good fall 3 days ago and this sensation seems to have arisen since the fall. I broke my left forearm in this fall and bruised my left buttock pretty badly.
All I know is this buzzing is making me crazy.
I have used a TENS unit for pain and that's what the sensation reminds me of.
If anyone comes up with any new info....that'd be great.
I've had a vibration in my groin area for a couple weeks.  It's intermittent and also feels something like a vibrating cell phone, but more subtle.  I do not carry my cell phone near that area; in fact, I don't often have a cell phone very near my body.  I do sit up in bed to read every night, without proper spine support, so the explanation of a pinched nerve seems most likely to me, but that's just a guessing game.
I'm 29, male. I've been having panic attacks the last two years, constantly fearing heart attacks, cancer etc. The panic attacks slowly formed into a twitching sensation, particularly in the left leg. It felt very uncomfortable and the worst thoughts would come to mind. The twitching had converted into a vibration down the whole of my left leg in the last few days. Reading these posts is somewhat comforting. I'm learning that they symptoms are not signs of anything serious or dangerous, but look forward to overcoming them one day. I also have a burning sensation around my body, but suspect that it's nothing too serious.
Same thing!  Nice to know I'm not alone- I keep thinking its my cell phone vibrating but realized last night when it happened several times, I didn't have my cell phone in my jammies. lol

WHY can't someone answer this question!  This is MEDHELP.ORG -- doesn't anyone here help and know the answer??
I've done some research on this and realized that i started taking a new med called dexilant its for acid reflux after taking these meds 3 times these vibrations came out of no where in my left groin area. If any one you people are taking medications for acid reflux or anything run it by your doctor because that could be what causes these vibrations.. I will be running it by my doctor soon and will follow up with some answers..

http://doublecheckmd.com/searchReviews.do?drugNameIds=172755
for the past nearly a week now i have been experiencing this vibrating sensation above my groin area on the right hand side of my womb area. i am only 26 and have never had this problem before, but just before that i woke up with major tailbone pains where i couldnt move then the following day this started. ive had back problems ever since i had a fall down the stairs a couple of years back and i was also kicked in the back head and sides by 6 girls who wore stilletto pointy toed shoes. not a good thing to have. so after reading about all of this im just wondering if it is all relating to the nerve problems. its not painful its irritating and uncomfortable at the best of times. it is intermittent, it started off as i bent down and then straight myself back up it would occur, now the times it happens has lessened but i only have to be standing up straight before it will happen now. anybody got any ideas?
I know everyone has an opinion, but after seeing 3 Nuero's, 2 Rhematologist, Ortho, Chiro, Cardiologist, etc., I have to tell you that the vibration gets uncomfortable and does not allow you to focus.  I also tried Yoga.  Finally, was told my Gallbladder was only working 34% and needed out, so after months of pain, I did it and no change.  Finally, I was told it is "Anxiety!"  I said, "how could that be that I am solid asleep and "Anxiety is troubling my leg?"  I am dead asleep!  After pushing the cardiologists because of the rapid heart rates, I had them do every single test, dopplers, MRA WITH CONTRAST mind you, and found I had a hole in my heart and a weak valve and this was causing bad circulation and needed repair.  Have not done this surgery and am seriously thinking about it.  Prayers for all of us that suffer.... Numbnumb
Vixen84 - That sounds much more severe than what others are posting here.  A little vibration in the leg is annoying, but what you describe should be reported to a dr. ASAP.

Update: I posted in June and can report that within weeks of taking my phone out of my left pocket the vibrations stopped and never came back.  In my case, I don't think the vibrations had anything to do with restricted blood flow due to tight clothing.  I wear loose slacks at work.  I would still like to hear from someone in the cell phone industry whether the pattern I mention above is in sync with the broadcast rate of cell phones.
I think this "vibration" sensation is pretty common and likely due to pinched nerves.  I have had in my stomach area before and now the last few days in my groin area.  I had seen a neurologist a few years back and asked about it.  He initially was very concerned that it was from deterioration of the spinal column, but x-rays and mri did not confirm that.  It went away.  

This week I have it in my pelvic area.  It is annoying, but I feel certain that it will go away.   I have significant issues with my back and neck due to scoliosis and a metal rod in my back.   I think that could cause alot of "pinched nerve" issues.

The cell phone theory is interesting but I don't carry one on my person - usually only in a coat or jacket pocket.  And, I for sure don't carry one in my groin area!!  

Relax people!! If it was serious, you would be reading alot more headlines....."Woman dies after suffering from cell phone like vibrating sensation in her pelvic area."  If any vitaman were going to help, it would likely be a Vitamin B supplement since these assist the nerves and are particularly useful for eye twitching.

Good luck.

I had this disturbing, uncomfortable condition but have found a solution which works for me.

Magnesium supplements or the very much cheaper Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate).

The condition disappears within hours.

Potassium helps, too.

I hope this helps you all.

Best wishes.
I'm also glad I found all these posts to know I'm not going crazy!  I'm a 51 year old male with healthy weight and low body fat.  Exercise regularly and have a balanced diet.  Vibrations right above my groin started about two weeks ago for no apparent reason and are constant throughout the day.  Weird but not painful.  Hope someone finds a definitive answer to this!
I experienced this while working 5 years ago (I was 45) and I simply told a co-worker (he was 27) and he told me the same thing had been happening to him all day.  Fast forward to 2 weeks ago when it mysteriously returned for a few days.  Three days ago my 21 year old daughter (local college kid) sat beside me and began to describe this sensation in her leg.  I have never even discussed this symptom to anyone.  We were both shocked that we had both been feeling the same thing.
Since my daughter and I live in the same home, I'd suspect diet.  Also we both have some back pain issues (hers less severe).  But this does not explain my former co-worker from five years ago.
My guess is that is probably a "normal" sensation of some kind like a twitch in your eyelid.  But very strange to make the connection as to the cause.  Sort of like a yawn.
I too, have these vibrations.  It used to be in my right calf.  I asked my doctor about it and he felt it was potassium deficiency and prescribed some supplements.  I tried them and there was no change.  With some research my wife found Magnesium can have the same effect.  We bought some vitamins from the store and the vibrations disappeared for a few months.  I'm still taking the magnesium but about a week or two ago, I started getting the vibrations in my left ankle, more often and persistent than ever before.  I think I'll try adding calcium and vitamin d (though I do drink milk every day!) to see if that makes a difference.
Im a 30 year old male, and are having the same issues. It is about to drive me nuts. (@mhwcrw)I'll pick up some Magnesium today and try that.

I'm a 47 year old female and have been having the vibration in the left thigh groin area for months, sporadically.  I don't carry my cell in my pocket.  I exercise, take vitamins (be careful about high mg of magnesium - can be toxic), and am not overly stressed.  I do have some hip and back joint pain, but my family has degenerative disc disease which I attribute that to.  The vibration woke me from sleep this morning and I was trying to think of how to even describe it to someone and all I could come up with was the sensation of the kind of shock you get when you touch an electric fence, though much, much milder.  I don't think it's related to heart problems or blood clots, since I recently was tested twice for blood clots and heart problems, including ekg.  All normal.  I'm not worried about the sensation, but that it is a mystery that may be related to some other health condition - like a symptom that leads to some other illness.  My left hip joint pain is concerning.  I recently started walking (used to be a fitness nut until I ruptured a cervical disc in '98) and eating properly to lose weight.  I currently weigh 154.  I think it could be disc related, though it's odd how it happens even when lying down.  Keep sharing any changes in health as I'm interested to follow up.
ive had this intermittent buzzing in my right thigh for just a few days now,i was driving a car with heater probs,thought someone was ironing my feet at the time,red hot heater !this buzzing seem to affect me after that
,Also i seem to sit with my laptop on my nee quite a lot,and my leg seems to warm up on the exact place where this buzzing is ,thinking maybe we should call it the 'lap top heat buzz'! (lthb)
maybe damage leg muscles/nerves through overheated laptop?
i do suffer for back probs and sciatica,but seem free of any pain at the Min, which is great!
I feel like a pager or phone is vibrating i my pocket.  agrivating, bizarre and quite scarry. what is this?
im 46 and have been walk/jogging the past year
today i tried to go a little faster as in a sprint, and i feel that vibration on the right side, im thinking it is nerve/vein related, maybe temperary injury
hope nothing permanent, but does not hurt, just as said from some, its annoying,
Hi, after I got to your posting, I realized that I started taking dexilant 3-4 days ago, just when the vibration started! i will stop and see if that helps... thanks a lot!!!
Have now laughed so much yet am still frustrated. As no answer to the problem. I have been having "cellphone vibrations" for about 8 months now and really did not imagine so many have the same problem. I get them when standing teaching, walking down the road, lying in the bath, wherever whenever - and feel real kooky when I take out my phone only to find it has not rung at all - (it is on silent mode all the time due to the fact that I teach). I do not take any meds whatsoever and am a relatively normal weighted 53 year old female with an internal vibrator in the left groin - how luck!!
Am however glad to know I am not bordering on nuts but do long for an answer.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Chiari-Malformation/vibation-in-left-and-right-hips/show/1541283?personal_page_id=1761967#post_7038880

I just posted a lengthy response to someone else...honestly more so than cell phone or anxiety I think vibrations are likely nerve irritation. I spent a lot of time talking with my counselor and I am nearly through school to be one myself and this is just not common for anxiety, forget common, unless you have a somatoform disorder, hypochondria etc the actual physiological vibrating is not caused by anxiety outlet in body.

many more people than diagnosed have an imperfect spinal alignment, minor degeneration as degeneration is a natural course and the older you are the more likely (if you read my post I have degenerative disc disease, 5 herniations, and 2 syrinxes, and the syrinxes are what i believe to be the culprit compared against timeline of symptoms and having the not so pleasure of knowing my neck one formed since septemeber and "re-observing" the same symptom set that started with vibrations in my leg now starting in my hands (my post gives lots of timeline specifics)

all this to say while i really don't see vibration as anxiety, even empirically it's not supported in academic literature, it could be alarming, or it could be mild spinal imperfection, maybe a slight pinch against the cord intermitantly. My MRI of my thoracic showed that the cord was impinged previously but at the time of the test was not pinching....so it's important to check out.

I was seeing a chiropractor during the many months of not knowing and found out that it is one of the bigger no no's for my condition and during treatment i felt the nerve damage travel up my body...he more than likely was expanding my cyst (syrinx). So knowing is important...if it is minor, than a chiro with a daily exercise plan to strengthen muscles around the adjustments would help alot

hope that helps!
I'm 49 year old male. This winter I had the same vibration in my chest.(where I carried my Razor Cell phone)
I asked my sisiter in-law who works for a cartiologist. His reponse was " Dead Man Walking". Three weeks ago I came to the realization I needed a cell phone with a keyboard. The new phones new home is my right front pocket, where the vibration is now located. I think it's time to find a safer place to carry my phone.
I'm a 23 years old male and am having this problem as we speak.  I am very active (ie run and bike a lot) but lately have been slacking due to work and the start of a new college year.  The sensation makes me visualize  fat cells replacing my muscles since I haven't worked those muscles in a while.  Absolutely no pain and the vibrations are intermittent (2 seconds on, 1 second off).  Can someone please post a solution. Maybe my body is saying I'm lazy and need to move.
I think soujourer who posted on Oct 19, 2010 08:01PM is on the right track.

I have had a Sciatica problem in the past and had my disc decompressed in an outpatient procedure. I have had great relief but occasionally if I stress out my back the disc gel oozes out the rupture and I have to squeeze it back in. The other day I wore a lumbar back brace, the kind with elastic in it, and the multiple velcro fasteners. Well I wore it tighter than ever for about 4 or 5 hours which did the trick for my back issues but the past day or 2,
I have had an intermittent pulsating in my right thigh, where I sit on it. I believe I must have pinched my cluneal nerve and I am pretty sure in time it should get back to normal. I will repost the post I mentioned above:

soujourer

Oct 19, 2010 08:01PM
To: All above
Am a 45 year old male in good physical condition. Started the same symptoms  about six months ago.  Strange vibration in left leg. Seems to mimic my cell on vibrate. Thought I was going crazy so kept it to myself. Became so frequent that I told my wife about the symptoms. My jaw dropped when she told me she is experiencing the same symptoms. Decided to ask others if they are experiencing the same. Started with my boss 10 years my junior, same thing. Picked 5 random co-workers and ask the same question.
4 out of 5 confirmed. Then started with my family. 1st my dad a board certified forensic pathologist- the same answer. Then my wife's dad, same, wife's sister , same. I see a very strange pattern that needs further investigation.  
me too. right side of the groin. above the testicle, seems to be about an inch from the surface.  Started last night, I really thought my cell phone was ringing on vibrate. Has been going on pretty regularly since then. I timed it, about every 4 seconds, just a little bzzz, goes away, returns in a regular rythym.  Looked it up on the net, lots of stuff about men having this sensation in their penis, you're the firsts one who mentioned this same location. No really definite diagnosis.  Prostasis is from infection and causes pain, not buzzing. If I massage the area, it stops. I'm 67, and never got this while I was sitting at a computer all day. For the past week or so I've been doing heavy work around the house, building and moving stuff, climbing ladders. So it doesn't seem to be from sitting too long.  
My daily meds are 10 mg lisinopril-hydroclorothiazide, 1000 mg vitamin C, 325 mg aspirin, and 500 mg each maca root, gotu kola, and korean ginseng. I've been on these regularly since getting a weekly pill box several months ago. Before I started using the box, I'd forget all the time, go weeks without meds. But I never had this sensation.  Yesterday I missed taking meds - the box ran out and I didn't have time to refill it.  I doubt this is the cause but I thought I'd mention it. It's the most obvious coincidence.
I'm a 65 y.o. female. Work fulltime (12 hour shifts) and this vibration started in my rt thigh/groin area.  I thought it was my work phone or cell phone vibrating. All day it happened, esp when I was sitting down.  That night I was visiting with a friend in her kitchen and felt the vibrations and asked my friend, "What is vibrating in your kitchen, I keep feeling vibrations in my groin area." She said nothing was vibrating, she didn't feel anything.

I thought I was having an aneurysm and had a cardiology nurse listen, but she heard nothing.  I made an appt to see the doc today, but, now, reading all these posts, think maybe that will be unnecessary.  It continued all night and kept me awake, mostly because I was waiting for the "aneurysm" to burst.  I'll try magnesium and post what happens.
I literally just came across this thread by chance looking for answers to my neuro probs which i cannot seem to get diagnosed.
I started getting the vibrations about 8 weeks ago now i think. I convinced myself id imagined it. It has happened about 6 or 7 times inside my right thigh, twice on my knee, i think twice on the opposite leg and whether related or not, once on my bottom lip. Usually it lasts around 30 mins to an hr, buzzing lasts 1-2 seconds with 3-8 seconds in between so i dont think its to do with heart or blood flow. The orthopaedic consultant just looked at me strangely when i mentioned it!
I have other probs such as tingles, odd pains, headaches and the past 4 weeks or so i feel as if my skin is cold but its actually warm to touch. Today it's awful, heating on 30 and my legs are freezing, only they arent actually cold at all! My torso amd back, where is started is also bad but not as much as my legs. Am having trouble chasing up my neurologist or endocrinologist so am now waiting on a gp callback to tell me what to do. So frustrating
Boy was I happy to see this thread.  I'm a 62 year old woman and started to have this vibration in my left leg right above my ankle bone.  It vibrated intermittently all day yesterday, quit after I left work, then started up again this morning when I got out of bed.  

I assumed it's just another sign of aging.  If it spreads, starts hurting, or gets worse, I will seek medical attention.  Sure would be nice to know what's causing it though.
definitely nothing to do with cell phones.
i had pelvic raiotherapy last year and have recently had these buzzing sensations
also whoosing as if my body is reacting to blood running through it.]
i personally think it is a circulation problem
im 65 years old, have scoured the net without sucess.
if i go for a walk it disappears!
Update:  As long as I keep taking my multi-vitamins, I no longer have this vibration, so for me it was definitely vitamin-induced.  I tried magnesium and calcium supplements both but no loner take either and still have no vibration.  

If you try this, keep in mind it takes a while before it makes a difference...1-2 weeks at least.  I thought it wasn't doing anything.  It was very gradual.  Then eventually noticed the vibration was gone.  Very rare to have any now.  Mine was always minor and intermittent though, not like those who describe it as constant.
I am a 34 year old woman and recently experienced it as well. I thought I was going crazy. I never carry my cell phone in this area...I do have some issues with numbness in my foot area due to poor circulation (they think). I am going to try the mag. vitamin suppliment. But was wondering, I have never been able to wear watches because I "kill" batteries. Are they related due to mag. difficiancy?
I am a 60 year old male in good health but had Prostate Cancer 5 years ago. I did two months of radiation and have been cancer free for 5 years on the 17th of March. I have lower back discomfort and have been diagnosed with spondiliothesis (probably mispelled). On Friday I started experiencing this low level hum or vibration if you will in my groin right above my genatalia. It comes in 5 to 10 seconds increments and then goes away. After urinating for the first time this morning it began and then went away. After making love it happened again and lasted about 20 minutes then went away. it does not hurt nor can it be felt from the outside even when another's head was laid so the ear was there listening for it. BTW-I do not carry my cell phone anywhere near my male equipment, so this has nothing to do with a phantom cell phone vibration. I am comforted knowing that many others, men and women are experiencing this and really none have anything serious going on either.
Are you still experiencing the vibrations?  I just started getting them a few days ago and they are so annoying!
I was very relieved to find this thread, what would we do with out the internet to keep us from feeling so alone in all the weird symptoms the body can have! LOL

I too have the intermittant buzz feeling in my right groin area.  
I am healthy, 42, female, no meds, some stiff muscle/neck pain from a pinched nerve back in Oct '11 that still hasn't fully resolved after lots of massage therapy and chiropractic care.  

I do not carry my cell phone in my pants pockets, nor do I wear tight clothing... at all.

After the initial describing the feeling as a vibrating cell phone deep in my groin, I was trying to think what would cause that kind of feeling....
It isn't the sames as a twitching eyelid or other muscle spasm...
The feeling reminds me more of the feeling of blood rushing through  a dialysis port on the arm of a dialysis pt. you can really feel the blood rushing under the skin, going way faster than I would ever have thought.  I was a little worried that I had a vein that had "gotten big" big for some reason and I was feeling the blood rushing through it... The problem is that pulses much faster... like the regular pulse in your wrist, while this is actually about every 5 seconds and I feel it for about 1 1/2 seconds.
So strange.
It certainly is annoying.
I do find that if I consistently take even a daily vitamin the vibrations seem to disappear.

I am wondering about the cause still.  Pinched nerve?  Poor circulation?  Vitamin deficiency?

It is not uncommon for me to get a pinched nerve, and I certainly have poor circulation.  I blame it on hypoglycemia.  Diabetes runs in my family.  So why does the vitamin supplement help me?  I wonder if the vitamin supplementation helps with circulation?  

But this thing about killing watches intrigues me further.  I have found few watches that I can wear because I kill them so quickly.  Could this all be related?
I'M A 69 YR. OLD MALE, WITH THESE VIBRATING FEELING JUST ABOVE MY GROIN AREA. ITS GOT A RYTHYM OF IT'S OWN. IT STARTED YESTERDAY AND BUGGED ME ALL NITE. IT'S BEEN WITH ME ALL DAY SO FAR AND IT'S NOW 7:30 PM. I DREAD GOING BACK TO BED TONIGHT . ITS CRAZY BUT IT WON'T STOP. SO WHATS THE ANSWER?  AND IN MY CASE IT IS NOT A CELL PHONE ISSUE...
Buzz feeling,what are the possibles.am 65years   just started taking b12 recently,could that have that effect?
Wow.  I've had the "buzz" in my left upper groin area intermitently for about a year and a half now....I am a 58 yr old male...in excellent physical shape
(I think)...married 30 years...run and work out all the time...I smoked 30 years though, but quit 10 yrs ago. I know from prior tests that I have calcified aortic arteries in the abdomen and below, but I have had an angiogram 10 years ago which came out where the doctor said, "you have the vascular system of a 12 year old"..?...I have never had any issues with heart at all....(angiogram was ordered by a overzealous doctor that I used to have)...I have reached for my cell phone a hundred times, only to realize that it was the phantom buzz again...I have had lower disc issues for 35 years....I would not be surprised if the buzz were nerve related...But it is definitiely weird...Nice to know I have so much company though.
I just started experiencing a slight vibration sensation in the groin. I have been diagnosed with a herniated disk at L3-L4 and am taking Lyrica.

According to Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD in another post, "The symptoms of vibrating sensation could suggest nerve pathology. If the area of vibration is localized and does not change, it suggests the sensory nerves supplying that area are getting affected by either compression or some other pathology.
My husband had this for about 6 months really bad. He ended up being diagnosed with a T.I.A.
Has been told to change the way he eats no more bag o chips a night. Start exercising walk 20 minutes every other day for 1 week and then add 5 minutes every week till he is up to an hour.  And after 3-4 months he is to be going 6 times a week.
He has started going to the gym working out and since he was to the ER he has had no more vibrations. But needs to keep this up or could end up having a stroke or heart attack.
The vibrations gradually got worse as time went on they would be stronger and stronger until that day his legs went completely numb.
If you decide to work out please talk to your doctor first.
I have been reading posts exactly like this or similar (e.g. vibrating in testicles, scrotum, anus) being always actually the groin in all kind of forums, from yahoo answers to most serious medical forums. The explanation of the feeling is always the same and most of the posts says the "vibration" ended at 1 or 2 weeks, 1 or 2 months, and such. The interesting fact is that most of the time all the people who post are one-time-posters and didn't took the time to keep all the others informed about their situation. I had the same vibration for almost a week and now (today) it almost ceased completely. The last days actually I didn't feel it while seating but when moving in pelvic motion (like dancing) or walking and then it stopped like most of the other people and now it don't feel much at all.
I had been very anxious the days before it started but to my knowledge not stressed at all.
The natural thing if you keep reading some posts is to think the worst and so think of MS but, I don't know, could it be that all the people from all ages and gender that in all those forums have posted about these same "vibration sensation" are developing MS? Could it have other causes??
FOLLOW UP: Well I am not worried anymore. I have been feeling the same vibrations in the groin area, just behind testicles and part of the anus, sometimes on my legs, etc. and also noticed that when moving the vibrations cease also when I took a hot shower in the affected area I didn't felt for about 5-10 minutes any "vibrations". Just as most of the people that post here. No other symptons. As could be the case with most of you I read on the internet about that "symptons" I only imagined the worst results like ALS or something like MS. Anyway, I kept reading and one person talked about muscles and it made perfect sense because as I didn't notice before we actually have a lot of muscles in the pelvic area and when anxiety or stress comes (mostly anxiety or what your brain thinks is anxiety) the muscles react. There is a lot of material if you google: MUSCLE TWITCHING o TWITCHING IN GROIN ARE o LEGS or other places, when people describe the "twitching" is the same description when people talk about the infamous "vibrations" or "buzzing". They just used another word. As english is not my native languague I never heard before this word "twitching" but it comes to my relief to have read about this twitching and how it can play tricks on you and why is just anxiety related. The Neuro doctors all said that this buzzing is benign and don't know exactly what produces but in my case I am almost certain it was anxiety because the weekend prior to my first buzzing day I were very anxious about a HAPPY thing! but anxious nevertheless.
Just take a look at this small article and follow on if you want to other articles. It seems that this vibration/buzzing/twitching feeling is very common and they call it BFS.
http://voices.yahoo.com/muscle-twitching-als-anxiety-bfs-best-2073717.html?cat=70
or take a look at this:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/Benign-fasciculation-syndrome/show/296861
copy paste:  http://voices.yahoo.com/muscle-twitching-als-anxiety-bfs-best-2073717.html?cat=70
I have the same sensations since I purchased my "smart phone". If you read all the posts......everyone says its in the area "they keep their phone".....so......like you....wondering if it has something to do with the phone over anything else. Remember phones give off radiation. Wondering if it is bad to keep these things on you......near your body. Not smart enough myself to explain why there would be any problem but I do see there appears to be a pattern with the phones.
I am a male 52 yo, and I have had extensive back problems with degen disc disease.  It got so bad a year ago that it had made my left thigh numb feeling kind of like leather, and recently my right shoulder started hurting very badly that moved into my shoulder blade within a few days.  I was using a heating pad on it at night for about 4 nights.  Well, last night while laying in bed, I noticed a buzzing in my lower left calf on the back side, but it felt like it was deep in the bone somewhere.  I even grabbed a stethoscope to see if I could hear anything.  I thought I was going crazy cause it is so rythmic that I can count like clockwork when it turns on and off just like a cell phone buzz on ringtone.  The buzzing lasts for about 2 seconds and pauses for about 4 seconds and keeps this rythym constantly.  I take hydrochlorathyazide and potassium, and since my shoulder and back was hurting bad, I was taking Tylenol 3, Tramadol, and Ibuprofin 600.  I didnt want to mix my meds with those so I stopped them for a few days.  This lack of Potassium may be the cause of this "sensory nerve" buzzing... This is what another poster in this forum below had posted that their chiropractor said it was.  It makes sense and most of the problems seem to be related to back problems or stress of somekind.  Sciatic nerve pain and ppinched nerves also seem to play a big part in it as well.  No pain where the buzzing is, just as everyone else has reported, but wow, talk about annoying... lol, This is nuts.  I hesitated to go online and look to see if anyone else was having this issue or buzzing in the leg, and to my surprise there are a lot of people that are experiencing the same thing.  I just thought I would share my "buzzing" story with all of you.  I will start back on my potassium and see if that helps out.  Thanks for the stories!
I have a vibrating pulsing throughout my body it's mostly happens when I'm laying down or being still. I do notice it when I'm standing almost like and earthquake feeling. I do suffer with anxiety for years so it wouldn't surprise me if it that. I just want to know if its something to be concerned about. I take omegas have been checked for diabetes it was negative but runs in my family and I am 50 pounds over weight.
Not related to your cell phpne
Most likely it is related your back or spine. I injured my back in the sacral-iliac joint area pulling weeds this last summer.I have buzzing/vibration in testicle/upper left thigh area which down my left upper leg.Being in the medical field- I have access to several expert PT's. They all came up with the same conclusion- it's related to the sacral iliac injury. Need to go to a PT and have them work on core exercises.
That's exactly what I have felt-I remarked to a colleague that its as if I can feel the blood rushing through an artery - I wonder what it all means - has it gone away for you
Just seen this post. I have been having a vibrating phone sensation on my lower left groin, only lasts few moments, i have had problem in that area for over a year, it feels like there is a forein body in my left groin but i can only feel it when i strain/sit up/twist. sometimes my entire left hip feels inflamed and it nags like tooth ache. if i rest it goes away. i have had sygmoidoscopy and found diverticulitis but cannot explain the feeling of an object in my groin, just had a uv scan for hernia negative, now they have found micro blood cells in my urine and want to do a camera in the bladder job??
I've just noticed that I too am feeling this vibrating sensation in the groin area, after reading all this I am definitely going to see my doctor about it.
Pruc.   I have the same problem . I have herniated disk. i been feeling this vibration for a week.very stressful feeling.iam planning to see my doctor next week,maybe i could get an answer to this problem.
okay guys, I'm a 28 year old male,I'm having the same problem it's about the thigh area on the left side of my left leg. I'm going to my doctor Tuesday about IBS problems, I will inquire about this weird buzzing and see if he he knows anything. I thought the feeling was a lot like a straw being sucked dry, due to that. I am worried about a blood clot. My work kisses with me being pretty mobile but at home and out with friends I'm often in a chair. Tell you if I learn anything
I can only guess what would cause such a thing.  I am wondering if it has to do with the chakra.  I have read about raising the vibration of chakras, before.  A vibration in the groin chakra might be a creative energy.  This may be a time of change that is being brought about in our reality. Thinking strongly about changes in the world we are witnessing, may be one thing activating this creative energy in people.  When this vibration occurs, are we able to focus our thoughts and intentions for good changes to manifest in our lives and our world.  I know how strange this sounds, but I just wanted our minds to be open, and not miss out on opportunities that  might be passing us by.
Folks, here is the deal on this phantom cell phone vibration in the leg thing. I too had this and was actually quite surprised to find the subject addressed in a Google search. Seems quite a few people have this in various locations. While reading through posts in another site I saw someone mention that their doctor thought it could be a calcium deficiency causing some kind of motor synapse thing. Why the left thigh, I don't know. But I grabbed my wife's two calcium supplements and took them. Symptoms subsided immediately and now after just a few days are completely gone. I am a big coffee and black tea drinker and someone told me that coffee and tea block the absorption of calcium in the body. I haven't verified that, but it would be tough for me to give up coffee - easier to take a supplement! Also I do not drink milk and generally low dairy consumption (coconut milk on cereal, for example). The other post said to take Tums, for its specific form of calcium. Here are my wife's two calcium supplements:  Brand: Standard Process, "Cataplex C", 30mg calcium, #2: brand Standard Process, "Cal-Amo", 30 mg calcium. I hope this helps others as it has me! - John
"I am wondering if it has to do with the chakra.  I have read about raising the vibration of chakras, before.  A vibration in the groin chakra might be a creative energy. "

What a lot of old ****
I am a 65 year old male with a recent (six months ago) history of pneumonia and complications of pneumonia (ARDS) for which I was in the ICU for three weeks.  I am in otherwise good health and eat well, take vitamins daily, and exercise for 20+ minutes five days each week.  Exercise involves an ellipical machine and recumbent bike.  

I am also experiencing periodic (every 4-5 seconds) "vibration" in my right leg.  No pain or discomfort otherwise, but the thing kept me up half the night and continues during the day . . . all the time, including as I write this.

Now, when I was hospitalized I had CT scans and they showed some disk involvement, and I also have something called "meralgia parasthetica" that affects my -left- thigh and may be related to the disk thing.  Sounds fancy, but meralgia parasthetica is common and is diagnosed when one has numbness in the thigh.

Maybe these things are somehow related?  If so, it would be good to know because the vibrating right leg thing is irritating and I would love to have an answer.  
Turning 39 next month and I started having this same issue about a week ago. I though I was losing my mind until reading this post. Feel a little better knowing I am not alone.

Been really stressed at work and in the personal life so I thought that had something to do with it. I have also had lower back problems for the past 15 years, so it could be related to a nerve issue in the back.

An earlier post suggested a calcium deficiency may be the cause. I too do not drink milk and have always had low calcium. I have always taken a vitamin and a calcium supplement to keep my levels up, until about a month ago I stopped

As of today I am going to start taking them both again, I will keep you posted if this corrects the issue in the next few days or so. Thanks...
Hi Guys, yeah same here.

Have had sciatica for around 5 years or so but just put it down to wear and tear from life activities; injuries, motorcycle riding for 20 years, few crashes etc.
Recently diagnosed after a backwards fall and xray showed some erosion on L2 and L3 I think.

Now don't chastise me for this, I'm sharing information to helps others.

Never had this almost regular buzzing feeling in my groin towards the rear area, somewhere around the anus but felt further up and inwards.

I sometimes use a tens machine for sexual pleasure, low micro volts, brings awesome climax once you master it lol

Anyway, within a few minutes of finishing this, the buzzing started.
I ignored it as it is common to have 'residual' current in the nerve endings on the area stimulated, and it goes away after half and hour or so.

I've never experienced anything in the affected area that was buzzing this time however.

So, initially I thought it was maybe small amounts of trapped wind working its way through the gut.
But it kept up all day yesterday despite several normal bowel movements and a few moments of flatulence which is normal for me (46 yr old male).

Now that I've read others having same symptoms and back problems it may well be related to the sciatica.
So I'm glad I can relax and not worry about clots, worms etc lol

I too will start an all round multi vitamin program and extra calcium and see how it goes after a few days.

My husband and I both have been experiencing this sensation. My husband felt it months before I started.   It feels like a vibrating cell phone is very close to our body.  Mine is in the left groin area.    Recently I was noticing the intermittance of the vibration.  After some time I became too annoyed with it.  After some thought about what could be the cause,  I started to suspect it had something to do with the wifi.  I thought somehow it was aiding in transmiting the vibration from a ringing neighborhood phone or some phone signal somewhere to be felt in my body.  I got so tired of the vibration that I decided to disconnect my wifi and I was not surprised that it stopped.  My internet, wifi, and phone is all bundled together.  Our Cell phones connect as soon as we walk into the house.  The phone and internet connect to the same modem.  The wifi signal penetrates through the walls of the house, it surely passes through our bodies.  My concern is that there may be some harm done over long periods of time.    Since, I experimented with the wifi theory and since I plugged my wifi back in, I have not felt it anymore.
well today is that one day you were hoping for my friend...lol...I did read your post and thank the Lord you were there because up until your post I was almost in a full blown anxiety attack...lol...not really but I was getting a bit frustrated and anxious with the whole thing. thank you for your post and please by all means if you do happen to find out what exactly this strange vibration sensation is in my thigh please feel free to send me a message about it.God Bless
                           Richard (***@****)
I am experiencing the pulsating vibration in my left groin area every 10 seconds for a couple of seconds. 52 year old under extreme stress with no back problems. Seems like nerve related because of the sensation and timing. Wierd
I have been noticing this vibrating in my groin and left rear thigh for several days. I am an 81-year-old male who has had 4 lumbar back surgeries. I have spinal stenosis. The only change in my habits over the last few days is the elimination of tylenol arthritis. I had been taking 4 to 6 per day and 3 days ago I took myself off of it. I think that I might be feeling sensations that I have not felt in a long time. Before going on tylenol, I had been a heavy user of NSAIDS for many years due to arthritic pain. Because of being on anti-coagulants, I can no longer take NSAIDS. My sensory nerves seem to be coming alive again. Most of the motor nerves in that leg are dead due to poliomyelitis 74 years ago.
Tingling in the thigh, also known as meralgia paresthetica, is a condition characterized by a tingling sensation in the outer part of the thigh muscle, or quadricep. The condition results when the nerve responsible for supplying sensation to the surface of the leg gets compressed. Tight jeans, obesity, weight gain and pregnancy are common culprits behind thigh tingling.
Effects

The common effects of meralgia paresthetica include a burning sensation and tingling or numbness in the lateral portion of the quadricep muscle. Less commonly, dull pain in the groin or across the buttocks might occur. Meralgia paresthetica affects only one leg and can be exacerbated by walking or standing for any length of time.
Features

A compression or pinching of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve is primarily responsible for tingling sensation in the thigh. This sensory nerve supplies sensation to the surface of the leg, but it does not contribute to the ability for the leg muscle to work. In addition to tight jeans or pants, obesity, and pregnancy, scar tissue from past surgery, nerve injury from diabetes, and seat belt injury from a traffic accident can bring on the condition.
hello, i have those blood flow, humming feeling in my legs for 3 years. strangely the feeling started in my genital 3 years ago at first. i went to a few urologists but none of them came up with an answer. then i let it go, after a few months, the feeling lost its intensity then gone.

then a year ago, i felt some muscle twitching and fasciculations all over my body and that blood flow/vibrating feeling on my both legs. since i'm a doctor, i have the access to very deep diagnosing through my doctor friends. lots and lots of tests has been made including, brain MR, EMG (to eliminate ALS), EEG, thorax CT (for neoplastic diagnosis), some other repetative EMG (for LEMS and Myasthenia gravis elimination), lots of blood tests for neoplastic markers and others, genetic tests etc. there was nothing in the end. not a single pathology, nothing. yeah, of course this is a good thing and i'm not complaining about it. all i had in the end as an answer was, i was too anxious and stressed (i am studying hard for my expertise on my field of endodontics) and the main reason behind all of my symptoms was stress... 6 months ago suddenly my symptoms started to go away. not a single twitching for a few months. then last 2 weeks it all started once again, twitchings and that buzzing feeling on my legs. i also feel some weakness on my legs but nothing serious. i know its a benign fasciculation syndrome with some peripheral neuropathy involved. but there is an autoimmune background behind it. we just can't understand how it works somehow.

so this is my story, i know some of you have the similar findings, but my advice is do not rely on internet, or the similar findings of people that you read on the net. just go to a neurologist and be sure that everything is fine. then you are free to surf on the net :) hope everyone to get well soon !