Neurology Community
is it really ms?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

is it really ms?

i was diagnosed with ms 4 years ago. i have not had any major symptoms besides fatigue, slight numbness/ tingling, and dizziness since my initial onset. i recently had my b12 levels checked and they were in the low 200s. through research i have found some cases of b12 deficiency being misdiagnosed as ms. i had an mri as well as a spinal tap that both proved positive for ms. i have always considered myself lucky to have such a "slight" case, but was now wondering if i could have been misdiagnosed as well. is it possible to have lesions on the brain and a positive lp if ms is not the case? or is the deficiency most likely caused by the ms? any feedback would help
Misdoagnosis does happen, but low vit B levels are strongly associated with MS. Your symptoms too are some of those of MS, which I'm sure you've learned affects each person differently depending on location of lesions. There are cases that are only mild. My sister was quitemild for years, then began advancing more rapidly - doing well though thanks to some good new meds. A positive LP and MRI point toward a correct diagnosis.

The MS forum here at MedHelp is wonderful. I would recommend strongly that you repost on that forum. It is a tremendously supportive group with some very knowledgeable members, especially the moderators, Quix and Heather.

Hope this helps. Be well.

Penn