is spinal stenosis a permenant conditon
i have been diaganosied with cervical spinal stenosis cervical artritis and a cervical ruptured disc,symptons are pain severe in my neck and shoulder,severe migraines.weakness in my left arm numbness in  both thumbs, and in my two first fingers and pinkies,my balance is getting worse and my use of my hands are clumsy what am i l;ooking forward to as far as treatment and how long will i be off and will i be able to return to work

This discussion is related to Alternative pain treatments and lifestyle changes after anterior cervical fusion.
The first thing to do is to get a further evaluation with a 3T MRI. The probability is you have been scanned with a 1.5 T machine. The 1.5 T machines are very good, but the 3T is better. Especially if you are considering surgery. This will provide your physicians with a better idea of the extent of the damage, and get a better idea as to which direction the treatment should go in.

There are many options, from physical therapy to surgical intervention.

I would remain optimistic. If the spine is stabilized and pressure relieved on the nerves you have a good chance for full recovery.