Neurology Community
lacunar infarct involving right corona radiata

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

my sister was recently diagonised with lacunar infarct involving right corona radiata . she is not sleeping well in night. I want to know whether it can be cured and wat measures  we have to take?. wat will be the effects?.  whether it can be cured in tablets or it require surgery?. Please advice?
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine her I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that she needs, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about her health concern.

Usually, Lacunar infarct occurs due to occlusion of brain arteries and may result into stroke. Therefore, this may be associated with headache, numbness and paralysis like symptoms. If stoke occurs unfortunately, rehabilitation is the only effective way to help the patient regain function to the possible extent and prevent from permanent losses. If rehabilitation program is appropriately instituted, most of the stroke patients can regain maximum functions with appropriate therapy, training and support services. For coordinated rehabilitation program a team of a neurologist, a physiotherapist, an occupational therapist and a speech-language pathologist, a nutritionist work together to help you in your recovery. Therefore, I would suggest following the suggestion made by them and recovery will be although slow but most of the functions may be restored. In addition, it is essential to know that risk of stroke recurrence may be reduced such as by controlling blood pressure. Hope this helps.
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your reply.
I am Dalou, Kavia's brother-in-law. Is there any way to cure it before reaching the worst case, which is "stroke"?

If it is curable, can it be done be medications?? or surgery required?

Please reply,
Thanks,
Kalai.
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, rehabilitation is the only effective way to help the patient in regaining function to the possible extent and prevent from permanent losses. Please consult a neurologist in this regards. Hope this helps.