Neurology Community
left hand numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

left hand numbness

hello!i am 26 years old and unmarried,from last week i am feeling numbness in the last two fingers of my left hand.i use no drugs and living a controlled life.i also have insomnia problem and before this numbness occured i had been in severe tension.doctor suggested CBC and blood suger test and gave some vitamins tablets.please tell me what all that is and is that any damage of brain vasculities?what next can be happen with me?
thanks i am waiting your response as the condition is persisted.
nigi
Wow I can't believe this... I googled  left hand  last two fingers  numb and this came up. I'm a 37 yr old female, just had a baby girl 6 weeks ago and all went well except for having had gestational diabetes, and some pretty bad edema in the last two weeks of carrying. My last two fingers on my left hand have been numb for 8 days solid now. Ii'm having a hard time typing and am constantly dropping things. The hospital kept me and the baby an extra night to clear us both of diabetes. But I'm finding that I have moments of severe thirst and it feels like my heart is acting up once in awhile.

I would love to get some feedback from someone about this. I don't want to run to the doc for something minor that will go away on it's own. I'd really just like to know if this might require a doctors attention. Thank you nigi, plz keep me posted and I will do the same
Forgot to add this.... when I was 32 weeks pregnant I had an episode of blindness in my left eye (twice) both lasting for about 10 minutes. My endocrinologist sent me for a brain scan and the neurologist said everything looked just fine. The endocrinologist was worried about stroke but I chalked it up to the gestational diabetes b/c my sugar was very low both times.