migraines and dizziness
I am a students and have been experiencing severe migraines for almost a year now. In the past 6 months i have also started getting random blackouts. My entire vision goes black and fuzzy and I become dizzy. If I am standing, I nearly faint.
The migraines happen atleast a few times a month and sometimes even 2 to 3 times a week. I have seen an optomologist but the results show that i have near 20/20 vision. The doctor says that the slight impairment i have does not require me to wear glasses.
I have also gone to general physician about the migraines. The general dose of headache medicine does not work for me, so I have been prescribed a higher dose. I know that there is no real cure for migraine but I want to know if there are any medicines that can slightly prevent migraines from occuring at a random interval and also what to do about the blackouts.
You may have already found the answer to this as you posted it in feb but I have a similar issue to this, where when I get a migraine I go from perfectly normal to have limited vision in a couple of seconds which is very disruptive and also quite scary. They are loads of preventative medications you could try if you have not already such as beta blockers. The preventative medicine will not stop them all together but they can dramatically decrease the number and also the severity and therefore may help with the blackouts. Preventative tablets do take time to work, however, I know from personal experience that beta blockers take around three months to really feel the effects so don't give up if they do not work at first. However, my neurologist did tell me that they is no way to get rid of the neurological symptoms once you start having an attack they can only treat the headache which is incredibly frustrating because for me the aura stage is the worst bit. Hope this helps or you already found a preventative that works for you :)