Neurology Community
migranes

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

migranes

i was diagnosed with a disbilitating migrane (migraine) at the age of 11 (now 18) due to stress with school, this left me unable to; walk, talk, eat, etc, i was left in a wheel chair for about a month and had a physiotherapist to help me regain my strength , ever since then i have suffered migranes (migraines) about once a month maybe even twice, thing is though they last for about 2 days, i cant stand to look at light, my vison blurrs, my ears buzz, my head feels so heavy and hot, sickness also i get tired and loose energy quickly. i have tried so many tablets but nothing seems to shift them. i was admitted to blackpool hospital on wednesday night i spent the night on a morphene drip and it seemed to do the trick and was aloud out thursday afternoon. they said i have to see a neroligist as they wasnt sure what to do. i cant keep going to hopsital every time i get a migrane (migraine) attack for morphene have you got any advice for me?

Tanya x

This discussion is related to Weakness,Pins and Needles,Sleep Paralysis,Visual etc.
Tags: help me
Hello.

You need to see your neurologist once to reassess the medication for migraine. Are you sure you do not have any other diagnosis given by any doctors? Migraines should not usually cause muscle weakness or fatigue so much that you have to use the wheel chair.

Regards
the doctors said that it was a form of a disabilatating migrane (migraine) and that was all, they did think it was menningitus at first as i had most of the symptons but it was ruled out in the end as i had a brain scan.

x