Neurology Community
mottling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

mottling

is mottling associated with parkingsons disease and if so do medicaations have any thing to do with it, and if so any suggestions on how to get rid of  it???  I take amtadine , 2 capsules a day and 3 mirapex 3 times a day.  Any info would b appreciated as my legs look terrible.  Also my legs feel like lead from the knees down, is thid part of the problem?

This discussion is related to mottling of legs.
Tags: legs
Hi.

Mottling is a manifestation that something may be wrong with the blood vessels on the area involved, or from the oxygenation and level of red blood cells.  It is very hard to pin this solely on parkinson's disease and even to the medications that you are taking.  It is best to have the blood flow to the involved areas be evaluated, and this should be discussed with your doctor.  Possible work up would include doppler ultrasound studies or angiograms.

Regards.
My grandpa had a few strokes and was placed in a nursing home about a year ago. recently he was said to be mottling on his leg, turning a starnge purple color. Some people say that its a sign he's even more on his was down, is this true?
what would you say hus rest of his life expectancy might be?