muscle spasms
why do I get muscles spasms(I think) all over my body ?? i.e.  in my throat if I yawn to big; in my fingers to the point they look deformed and it hurt, the worst ones are under my rib cage, which can be brought on by laughing toohard, hard coughing, turning just the wrong way etc. of coursr i also get then in my calves, but I have also had it happen in my arms, usually from the wrist to the elbow,  Has also happened in my toes.  Most often happen in my fingers, but most serious ones happen under my rib cage, which actually take mt breath away.  I do have fibromyalgia, but my doctor never said that was the cause.  He is sending me to a neurosurgeon in the new year !!
Hi, Thank you for your question. This muscle spasm is also called as muscle fasciculation & appears when the muscle contracts on its own (without nerve stimulation).  Most of the times these symptoms occur without any underlying disorder & they are not harmful or may appear after anxiety, viral illness or long-term illness. However, sometimes this muscle twitching appears as atrophy and weakness of muscle as well. Most likely cause of this twitching with weakness or atrophy of muscle can be when the nerve supplying to hand/eye muscles is not functioning properly due to any neurological disorder. If you suffer continuous weakness and notice reduced strength of muscle bulk in areas, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!