my baby is hypotonic
my baby is hypotonic since the first day of his life. the doctors did a lot of tests like MRI, Ultra-sound of the brain, muscels and nerves, blood tests, urine test, genetic... all of the tests was negatif. they don't know the cause of this hypotonia. a therapist from eurly intervention comes two times a week to see him and do execises since his first month. now he has four months and he doesn't control his head not yet. and when i put him on his stomack he can't turn his head. my question is: he will control his head on the future or no, how many months should i wait to see that??
Please see the personal note I left you. Hypotonia is not normal. I should know. My daughter was hypotonic and all tests were normal. She was finally diagnosed with static encephalopathy and developmental delay. My daughter is 29. Today there is so much more that can be done for these children but it's important to start as early as possible.

Is your child able to establish and maintain eye contact?
The causes of hypotonia are varied and numerous. They could be trauma or diseases of the brain or spinal cord (CNS), peripheral nerves, neuromuscular junction, or the muscles. CNS trauma and infection are perhaps the most common cause of hypotonia, both in infants and in children. Trauma to the brain may occur prenatally (before birth), perinatally (around the time of birth), or postnatally (after birth).
Prenatal CNS damage may be caused by maternal and fetal infections, diseases, problems with the placenta or umbilical cord, or maternal use of harmful substances such as alcohol or certain drugs.
Specialists who may be involved in the care of a hypotonic child along with paediatricians include developmental pediatricians (specialize in child development), neurologists, neonatologists (specialize in the care of newborns), geneticists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech therapists, orthopedists, pathologists (conduct and interpret biochemical tests and tissue analysis), and specialized nursing care. Treatment and evaluation may be needed throughout life depending on the cause and progression.
Please arrange for specialised care. Hope your child has a good imrovement. Take care and regards!