neck pain 2 years after cervical diskectomy and fusion
I AM HAVING CHRONIC PAIN 2 YEARS AFTER NECK SURGERY.  I HAVE HAD MULTIPLE CORTISONE INJECTIONS.  I HAVE HAD FACET INJECTIONS ON ONE SIDE . RADIO FREQUENCY WAS DONE THE THIRD TIME.  THAT SEEMED TO HELP A LITTLE ON TURNING MY NECK TOWARD THE SIDE THE INJECTIONS WERE ON.  I HAVE HAD THREE CERVICAL EPIDURAL INJECTIONS WITH STEROIDS AND ANESTHESIA.  THAT HAS NOT HELPED.  MY PAIN GETS MUCH WORSE WHEN I LOOK UP  OR IF I LOOK DOWN.  ALSO LIFTING OBJECTS OVER 5 POUNDS MAKES IT WORSE.  IT IS MOSTLY AT THE C1-C2 LEVEL AND RADIATES UP THE BACK OF MY HEAD. WHAT CAN BE HAPPENING?  I TAKE LORTAB WHEN THE PAIN GETS UNBEARABLE.  I AM SEEING A PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR. HE DOES NOT WANT ME TO TAKE MUSCLE RELAXERS. I HAVE TAKEN THEM AND THEY DON'T SEEM TO HELP.  I RECENTLY HAD AN MRI WHICH DID NOT SHOW ANY HERNIATED DISKS.  I DON'T HAVE ARM OR SHOULDER PAIN AND NUMBNESS. THE SURGERY TOOK CARE OF THAT.  I AM WONDERING IF MY PAIN COULD BE FROM TENDONS OR LIGAMENTS?  IF SO,  WHAT  CAN BE DONE?  I HAVE BEEN TO PHYSICAL THERAPY TWICE AND IT REALLY MADE IT WORSE.  MY DOCTOR WANTS ME TO TRY PT AGAIN AND I AM DREADING IT.  I REALLY HURT AFTER MY SESSIONS.  MY DOC HAS SUGGESTED A DISKAGRAM(SP?)  AND CT, BUT ONLY IF I AM WANTING MORE SURGERY. .  I AM AT MY WITS END.  I GO IN CRYING AND NOW MY DOCTOR WANTS ME TO SEE A DOCTOR FOR DEPRESION.  I AM ONLY DEPRESSED BECAUSE I AM IN PAIN!!  THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU MAY HAVE.  I HAVE BEEN A DENTAL HYGIENIST FOR 38 YEARS AND AM 60 YEARS OLD. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT ALL THE BENDING AND REPITITIVE MOVEMENTS CAUSED THIS.  I AM IN GOOD HEALTH OTHERWISE.  I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO WORK FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS.  PLEASE HELP ME!    V. HOLMES

This discussion is related to cronic pain six months after anterior cervical disc surgery.
have u tried acupuncture?.....I pray u find relief.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"