Neurology Community
nerve pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

nerve pain

4 years ago I had plastic surgery on my nose. After having the surgery I had pain in my neck that I thought would go away with time. Its  been 4yrs now and my pain has gotten a lot worse. Nowadays ive begun to feel numbness on both sides of my cheeks, ive felt numbness in my right eyebrow and at times i can feel tingling on both sides of my cheeks. Also, ive felt a weird numbness in my chin that hasnt lasted long but its been there. Ive also began to feel some type of joint poping in my shouldlers and at time i feel a riping feeling in my knees that pretty much at times goes to my feet. There have also been mornings where i have woken up and both of my arms have been completely asleep. I have had a MRI  of my neck and spine which was clear. I have had a CT of my face which was clear and i aslo had a MRI of my faceb which too was clear. I feel like my nerves were messed with in my face and this is why im having all these problems. Also, now my ears are starting to effect me. Im planning to get a MRA of my face and hope to finally get a real answer. Its been really hard dealing with this because ive had to almost force doctors to do the scans that i have had done.... I WOULD HIGHLY APPRECIATE ANY ADICE. I feel like im running out of time. I also forgot to add that the left side of my stomach has begun to also cause me like a stabbing feeling. I never had any of these problems before the surgery was done to my nose.
Hi there!

The neck pain is unlikely to be related to the rhinoplasty/ nose surgery and if the numbness in cheeks is a recent development, it is unlikely to be related either. Possible causes of neck pain that may need to be considered include postural issues, joint inflammation/ degeneration, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments, inflammations, spinal causes such as degeneration, micronutrient deficiencies, referred pain from other regions etc. Facial numbness could be related to neural issues such as viral infections involving the nerves, neural damage, neurodegenerative conditions etc. The shoulder/ knee issues could be related to causes related to the joint or due to neuro-muscular/ vascular issues. The stomach symptoms are likely to be related to the GI such as infections, inflammation, causes related to the respiratory tract, chest wall inflammation etc. None of these is likely to be related to the surgery. While a few of these would have been ruled out by MRI/ CT, while others would need to be considered. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!