Neurology Community
neurological and muscular problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

neurological and muscular problems

Hello, I am a 46yr old female, usually in excellent health apart from Hypothyroid disease medicated by 100 mg of Eurosig, diagnoised in Nov 2002.
Im not sure if this is relevant to my recent medical problems but on January 1st 2006 I was driving back from Sydney with 3 of my 4 children and my boyfriend at the time when suddenly I got very anxious because I was disorientated in the car, I was going 80ks on a freeway that was 110ks, I couldnt judge the space between my car, or how fast i was going, it felt like i was speeding, I tried to wake Scott up and let him know i was in trouble but my voice wouldnt talk, I found myself talking to myself, calming myself, thinking that this was so sureal and rediculous, after about 1.5 hours I finally managed to say his name and to get his attention, finally It took me about 1km to pull over (couldnt determine houw far the guide rail was away from the car. I got out only to find that my legs wouldnt work properly and that i had no ballance, I fell into the trafic, i crawled to the car and had to hold on in order to get into the passenger side of the car, held on to the dash to help me find my self in space, I then got very dizzy and vomitted, It was a very hot day 40 degrees, Scott pulled over so the kids and he could eat and I stayed sitting in the gutter on a pillow and tried to warm up, I was freezing, about two hours later I was starting to feel better, by the time we got to just north of Taree I was able to drive again and was fine.

Last year June 2010 I got very sick, migraine like headache but my usual asprin didnt work, dizzy, hypersinsitive to lights, sounds etc, with occasional slurred speech, this lasted for about 5 days before i could get to the Dr, sent to Hospital for LP for Meningitis (neg), blood (neg), CT (neg) released 1hr later, symptoms persist, speech has gotten worse, but dizzy has stopped, my walking has gotten worse then better, pain then none, swollen tongue with scaloped edges from teeth, swallowing and breathing probs, muscle fatigue, muscle twitches (some big some small), memory probs, visual probs all of these s/s come and go, some for hours and some for weeks, a week ago I thought It was over with, for  3 days I was asymptomatic besides lower back pain and R hip pain, back to normal I was so excited only to wake the next morning with it back again, slured speech, burning tingling pain in my quads worse in my L leg, my R eye and mouth droop, I get sharp pain behind my L eye, We thought it may have been MG buy my specialist said that he dosent think it is, and seeing that my MRI wasnt done properly to rule out MS thats my next herdle...MS was surpose to be ruled out but the specialist didnt ask for MS protocol so instead of a 3T RMI with contrast and 3mm slices of brain and spine I got 1.5T machine, no contrast and 10mm slices of my brain only so I have asked that MS be ruled out properly, I am not an anxious person usually and i am not depressed (well not yet anyway) I have a nursing backgroud and I am getting very frustrated, My Dr cant give me anything untill i am diagnoised (understandably) he has put my on Endep 10mg qid but I couldnt handle to dose, my s/s were worse and all i wanted to do was sleep, I didnt even want to hold the stering wheel of my car I was that lethargic. I hope someone can shed some light or at least direct me somewhere that so i can be diagnoise, I dont care what it is, I just would like a diagnosis so I can deal with it. Thankyou for reading my story.