normal starting dose of b12 injection
Hello Dr.   I was just started with b12 injections for a b12 level of 285.I am symptomatic with pins and needles in my feet and a numb toe.I  just received 1000mcg injection today and they told me I don't need another one until 1 month from now and then every month with checks on my levelafter 3 months.I've heard that usually they give a few shots at the beginning to start???Also, if a low b12 is the reason for my "pins and needles" would an EMG/NCS show anything?Thank you.
i had the shots of b 12 to ,they give to me first everyweek, know only one a month , but depend on how low is your b 12, on the same time i had the vitamin D so low,check other vitamins to
Just had my first B-12 injection last week after suffering the flu.  Had second shot today (one week later) and will have one every week for one month, then every two weeks for one month and then once every month.  I have been taking 1,000mcg sublingual B-12 with 400 mcg folic acid in it for 5 years as part of a diet program (I am age 55 and 5'7" and weighed 163 lbs. 5 years ago and have maintained 128-130 for five years now that I attribute to good vitamins and healthy diet), and have not missed a day, but it doesn't give me the lift in mood I get from the injections.  I had considered taking a prescription for anxiety since my dog has cancer, but not now since I've discovered these B-12 injections - I feel great already.
I WANT TO KNOW DOSE OF B12 INJECTION TO ONE YEAR BABY NOT EAT WELL
4-5 shots, the first week, then several weeks of once/weekly, then monthly.  I had my first shot today and already feel my toes and balls of both feet "thawing."