numb arm and thumb
About two years ago an electircal surge went through my arm , it didnt hurt just didnt feel wonderful
now my arm will go numb and will tingle from my sholdur to my thumb and its constant for about a few hours and then stops it seems to happen now when im nervous mostly or whenever at random times.?? help! whats wrong
How are you feeling now?
There are many different terms used to describe spinal disc pathology and associated pain, such as “herniated disc”, “pinched nerve”, and “bulging disc”. The bones which form your spine are called as vertebrae. The space between two vertebras is cushioned with disc. When disc bulge or break open due to any reasons like ageing, or trauma to spine, it is called as herniated disc and this can cause pinching of nerve. It can happen in any region, but is more common at lower back in lumbar region and cervical region.
It is advisable for you to do physiotherapy for relief of pain and spasm of muscle, pain killers and pain management specialist for conservative management.
Your symptoms are suggestive of cervical pathology.
But if this fails, the option left is surgery.
You may want to consider surgery if you have had severe shooting pain in shoulder radiating down to arms for more than a month. Only about 1 person in 10 still has enough pain after 6 weeks to think about surgery.
As there are complications associated with spinal surgery, the doctor will exhaust all his conservative management and then opine for surgery.
I think you should follow your doc's opinion and get best physiotherapy along with other conservative management as described above and then decide about further course of action.
Hope this helps you.
Bye.