numbness & tingling of mouth and tongue

I am a 40 year old woman.  I have occasional numbness and tingling sensations in my mouth and tongue.  It only last for a few minutes, then will disappear for a few months.  I am finding this very odd!  I do not have any food allergies.  Have annual physicals that are always fine.  Any ideas what might be causing mouth and tongue numbness/tingling?  I would appreciate any help!
Thank you.
hi my mom has the same symptoms as you do and i also would like to know what this could possibly be
she has also been to the hospital for extreme hi blood pressure  the numbness has gone away but it came back recently and it scaring both me and her
so any answers or suggestions would be helpful thank you
28 months in time have gone by since you posted so maybe you have some answers now that you an pas along to me.. I have been experiencing  left side of tongue and partial left face numb-like feelings. Usually the face numbness is more along left side of  outer nose and in left nostril. I have had this for years and have never seeked medical attention for it. It is annoying and sometimes  downright scary. I often have it when i am drifting off to sleep .When i do It keeps me awake because  i have to extend my tongue out to keep it from sinking into my throat. I do that then the minute i start to relax and go off the lalaland it happens again.. When i have it thru the day , sometimes my neck will seem tense and it's hard to keep my head from sinking back. It's such a weird feeling. I don't know if it's from anxiousness...if it is i don't know what i'm anxious about..too funny. It's always my left side that is affected so that stumps me.as to what could be causing such an awful sensation. Hopefully you will see this post or someone else will that is experiencing the same symptoms and be able to shed some light on them.. Thankyou ***@****