pain entire left side
I am a 19 year old female. I'm of average weight, height, ect. I am a nurse aide so I am on my feet alot. This is not new for me. My problem is is that for the past 2 months or so, I have been experiencing excruciating pain on the left side of my body off and on. Shooting pain down my arm, stabbing pain near my hip and lower back, and shooting pain down my leg that radiates to just below my knee. My doctor diagnosed me with bursitis. Aleve isn't helping and neither are the exercises he gave me. Help!
Hi.

It is possible that your symptoms are indeed related to bursitis, especially with your line of work that may involve constant, repetitive motions.

Normally, the initial treatment would include rest and immobilization of the affected area/s, application of ice/cold packs to reduce swelling, intake of NSAIDs to reduce pain and inflammation, application of heat for less than 20 minutes when the affected area in no longer red or warm, and performance of stretching exercises.

Rest and immobilization is an important part of the treatment of bursitis.  I am assuming you may have not done this because you continued working.  This might be one factor why your treatment is not helping with your condition.

You could also consult your physician about a change in medication, such as cox-2 inhibitors, which could be more effective and safer for treating your condition.

Good luck.
Thank you for your input. I will try the ice and heat Thanks!
Hi again.

The ice is for acute pain and swelling.  When the swelling has subsided, heat should be used.

Good luck.