results of MRI
I am 56 yrstd olf snf had an CT Scan anf MRI done but do not understand the results. My Doctor did not say anything that I umderstood. Below are the resuts of the MRI done because of chronic headaches and numbness in both arms and sometimes my legs.
There are multiple irregular subcortical and deep white hyperintensitites varying in size from one to 8 millimeters which are nonspecific in nature but almost certainly due to moderate white matter microangiopathic changes. Patchy hyperintensities to the right and left of midline in the pons suggests small pontine perforating ischemic changes. These lesions are of uncertain age.
Intracranial are otherrwise normal.
Impressions: Moderate white matter microangiopathic and pontine ischemic changes of uncertain age.
I have just had surgery for carpal tunnel on my right hand and will be having the left hand done when the right is healed properly.
I look forward to your answers.
Sincerely
BJHerzog