Neurology Community
retrocerebellar cyst with mass effect
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

retrocerebellar cyst with mass effect

On April 30th I had an MRI because my primary care Dr suspected MS due to symptoms I have been having since this past November. The MRI results were a 1.9 x 1.5 cm retrocerebellar cyst on the left with mild mass effect on the cerebellum. My primary referred me to a neurosurgeon who said he didn't even want to see me and to explore other possibilities of the symptoms. I then went to Boston and saw a neurologist who said the same thing as the neurosurgeon, but said he wanted to schedule a near future follow up to explore the symptoms. They both said that MS was also ruled out. However, my symptoms are not getting better and my ability to keep up with my daily responsibilities is drastically being affected. Some of my symptoms are leg and arm numbness, headaches (more like constant pressure), dizziness, fatigue, nausea, muscle weakness, balance, word retrieval and memory issues, fine motor issues (like picking up small items, handwriting has become sloppy, dropping the car keys or my fork when eating), I feel disoriented (like in a fog), vision issues (blurred vision, right eye twitching, light sensitivity). I have collapsed twice in the past month due to muscle weakness in my legs and dizziness. I was tested for lyme disease and was negative; the only thing coming up in blood work is low vitamin D and folic acid and I have been on supplements for over a month and the symptoms continue to worsen. Could it be the cyst??? If not the cyst and not MS and not Lyme disease than what could it be??? I am a single parent of 3 and I need to figure this out so I can keep up with them. Any info would be great!!
Hi there,

Did you ever get this figured out?  I recently went had an MRI, ordered by the ENT.  For the last 5 years I've had equilibrium issues, along with anxiety, insomnia, extreme difficulty with concentration- constant brain fog, waking with tingling in arms, vision issues (eyes feel so overly strained at the end of the day, I can barely focus), mild incontinence, etc.  My regular doc has chalked it up to Generalized Anxiety Disorder.  Awesome.  However... the recent MRI showed a cyst on my cerebellum....so I have a follow-up appointment with a neurologist.  I read your post and the symptoms just felt so familiar.  I'm 41, female, have a professional job, but I feel I'm barely functioning due to the brain fog.  How are you doing?  It was strangely reassuring to read about someone experiencing something familiar- hang in there!

H  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank