right arm loss of movement and muscle spasms
In July 2007, I woke up with severe neck and I could not get comfortable.  Within a week, I started having severe nerve pain running the length of my arm while also having muscle spasms whenever I moved.  The next week, my arm became paralyzed.  On July 23, 2007 I had a cervical fusion on c5,c6,c7 with cadaver discs and titanium plates.  Three weeks after the surgery the muscles spasms stopped and I felt better but I still could not move my arm.  After one year and many P.T. and massage therapy sessions I have slowly regained movement of my arm but not completely. I've just finished my second round of PT. and still cannot perform certain movements.  These are the movements I cannot perform:  1.Cannot supinate my hand when my arm is fully extended.  (I can supinate my hand when my arm is bent at the elbow, near my side)  2. If my arm is bend at my side, I cannot move it forward or fully extend it without my elbow being bend and flying out to the right side. (example: While driving my car, I cannot change the radio station by moving my arm forward in a bent position.  3.  I cannot not do one particular isometric...I don't know it's name. it’s the exercise with your elbow bend at a 90 degree angle and you move your fist out to the right, parallel to the floor.   I can only move my fist an inch to the right.  4.  Cannot move my elbow upward if my arm is bent at my side, palm facing me.  5. Cannot carry a tray or a pile of books without my elbow flying out to the right side.  I can passively do all of these exercises if someone else does the work.

Currently, I only have pain in my shoulder when I do these exercises or swim laps.  Recently, I have been having some nerve pain and muscle spasms in my right elbow..these have been minor compared to those b-4 surgery.

I have recently seen my nuerosergeon.  He said that my problems are a definitely rotator cuff.  I then saw an orthopedic and he said it is permanent nerve damage.  I am seeing another orthopedic this Monday for a third opinion. I have asked both doctors if they thought an EMG would be helpful and they both said "no".

I would love to hear your response.  Thank you for your time.