Neurology Community
ring finger tingles

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

ring finger tingles

Please help.  My ringer on my left hand has been tingling for over 2 weeks.  What would be the cause?  I have to let you know I do I have 4 plates and 16 screws in my wrist.
There's a story that says the reason the wedding ring goes on that finger is because there's a blood vessel that connects it straight to the heart, something like that, so maybe true love is in your future. :)  All kidding aside, though, I imagine the plates and screws in your wrist have caused a slight impingement on the nerve that goes into that finger.  You might want to look at an anatomy atlas that shows all the nerves in the hand, so you can see how all that works.  A hand doctor or neurologist can decide what to do about the tingling, like surgery, or physical therapy, or whatever.
Avatar n tn
What was the reason for the surgery done on your wrist? How long ago was this done?

It is entirely possible that a pinched nerve is the cause of the tingling sensation.  Consult a neurologist at the earliest possible time.