Neurology Community
seizure

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

seizure

sir,
   my younger brother had got tonic clonic seizure few months ago.......n our doctor prescribed dicorat tablet two times a day.please tell me about the side effects of medicine and plz let me know if the treatment is going in right direction.
Docorate is a medication approved for treatment of psychiatric symptoms, and not generally used to treat siezures. In many U.S. practices the drill is only to prescribe medications to control siezures after the third documented siezure. That is not to say the medication is innapropriate. There are many unanswered questions regarding the patient's symptoms and general medical status.
My son is 2 years old and has a seizure history at birth time which last for half hour and at 9 month also which last for 4.5 hour.He just came out of death.doctors gave him gardinal and levipil which they taper after 3 months and closed it completely after 3 more month.Now after closing his medicine he never face any problem till now but different doctors says different thing.I am not sure whether medication should be closed so early or it should go little more as it was a status seizure