severe back pain from 3 months.......sir plz help me.
my mom is having severe back pain from last 3 months.she had lifted some weight now she can bent ,can't stand longer because she suffers severe pain.but pain is relieved by lying down.pain occurs again on standing some time. my question is whether she is suffering from muscular pain or there is some disc prolapse?

she had gone to a doctor ,he said for MRI,doctor says she is suffering from muscular pain or spasm .he given her muscle relaxants and pain killers but her pain is still there.

what precautions should she take and what is the reason and treatment of her pain?She has not taken muscular relaxants yet.she was taking MECOBALAMINE and CALCIUM from 2 months off and on.
her MRI was done at  T1 and T2 weighted axial and sagital sections at the level of lumber spine without contrast

FINDINGS :

There is evidence of circumferential disc bulge at the level of LV4-LV5 causing thecal sac compression
Minimal dessicatory changes are seen at L4-L5 level
Straightening of lumber spine is noted due to muscular spasm
degenerative changes are noted as well.
vertebral heights are normal
no other pathology seen

IMPRESSION :
circumferential disc bulge L4-L5 causing minimal thecal sac compression.
A disc bulge is fairly common, it can happen from an injury like your mother had from heavy lifting.  Moderate treatment is the way to go, that is instead of surgery, docs will give medicines, sometimes physical therapy, back brace, that sort of thing.  It takes time for a back injury to improve.  The pain is likely from three sources:  Swelling that pushes on nerves, the disc itself might push on nerves, and muscle spasm.  The main thing is her vertebrae are still separated by a disc, which has become sort of like a tire low on air, she'll feel the bumps in the road more for a while.  Eventually bulging discs hurt less and less.  

By the way, muscle spasms can hurt quite a bit, which is how come she got muscle relaxers, so when she's home it would be a good idea to take those, will help her pain from spasm and get the muscles to quit tightening constantly.  Eventually the body adjusts to the little change that happened in the lumbar spine, and the discomfort will end.  As for her standing bothering her, I've have the same thing from a lumbar injury, all the body weight is on the spine, so when she lays down, the pain goes away.  Tightening tummy muscles by pulling them in a few times a day will eventually help support her spine when she's up.