Neurology Community
shoulder pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

shoulder pain

For some time, over 2 years, I have been getting pain in my shoulder joints and it has become very severe when I sleep... it causes terrible burning pain in the joints and wakes me up during sleep.. I have trouble raising my arms over my head, feeling pain when I do....
What could cause this, I have been told it is my rotator cuffs.....
Help please..............
I have the same issues with my shoulders as you have been having guido7. I have yet to have a diagnosis, I have been seeing a neurologist. I have other issues as well along with shoulder pain, burning and weakness. So far my neuro has diagnosed me with small fiber neuropathy, haven't had chance to ask her if it affects my shoulders but from my research I believe not. I wish you luck in finding answers and if you do please pass them along to me and I will do the same for you.
Sounds like it could be Frozen Shoulder.
could be rotator cuff for sure. I am a PT and this is pretty prominent for rotator cuff pathology.  See a PT..they will be able to do a more thorough exam.
Hi, Thank you very much for your questions; although it is quite difficult for me to give you a precise opinion here without being able to examine you, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your shoulder pain. Your symptoms could be suggestive of either some nerve injury or a pressure on the nerve due to the muscle spasms. Another possibility in your case could be damaged the soft-tissues such as muscles and ligaments if you are over-doing any shoulder exercises or lifting heavy weights. Since you have persistent pain, I would recommend you to see a neurologist who can evaluate the details of your case and could better determine the insight of your situation.  In addition, it will be best if you would also visit a physiotherapist to let him/her assess your back and shoulders.  Hope this helps.