Neurology Community
side effects to exposure of freon

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

side effects to exposure of freon

Recently I have had problems with my refrigerator and it is leaking freon. I was wondering if there are any side effects to exposure of freon.
Nearly 2 years past the original posting, but I was just searching for the same information due to a leak in my central air system and an increase in migraine frequency. (I wondered if the first was causing the second.) The best information that I found was in a document about the production of methamphetamine of all things - apparently 3 types of Freon are waste products of cooking meth. Who knew?

The applicable health information is on pages 4-6 of the pdf file at http://www.oehha.org/public_info/pdf/TSD%20Freon%20Meth%20Labs%2010'8'03.pdf
I had a sinus headache with sensitivity to light and sound, burning sensations in my arms, legs, neck, and back and trouble breathing.  I went to the er they did blood work and a chest xray. Then I was accused of using PCP. I have never in my life seen let alone used PCP.  Two days later I found out that the freon in my car has been leaking for a long time.  I have COPD so this was very bad for me. I was put on doxcycline just in case this is a sinus infection. That was 1 1/2 weeks ago and i am still having random burning sensations in my limbs, neck,eyes, and back.  Also I was bit by a lone star tick 4months ago that has not healed.