Aa
A
A
Close
side effects to exposure of freon
Recently I have had problems with my refrigerator and it is leaking freon. I was wondering if there are any side effects to exposure of freon.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Nearly 2 years past the original posting, but I was just searching for the same information due to a leak in my central air system and an increase in migraine frequency. (I wondered if the first was causing the second.) The best information that I found was in a document about the production of methamphetamine of all things - apparently 3 types of Freon are waste products of cooking meth. Who knew?

The applicable health information is on pages 4-6 of the pdf file at http://www.oehha.org/public_info/pdf/TSD%20Freon%20Meth%20Labs%2010'8'03.pdf
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had a sinus headache with sensitivity to light and sound, burning sensations in my arms, legs, neck, and back and trouble breathing.  I went to the er they did blood work and a chest xray. Then I was accused of using PCP. I have never in my life seen let alone used PCP.  Two days later I found out that the freon in my car has been leaking for a long time.  I have COPD so this was very bad for me. I was put on doxcycline just in case this is a sinus infection. That was 1 1/2 weeks ago and i am still having random burning sensations in my limbs, neck,eyes, and back.  Also I was bit by a lone star tick 4months ago that has not healed.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources