Neurology Community
spinial avm

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

spinial avm

is there any one out there that has avm and if so i would be greatfull 4 u 2 get back to me even my dr know's very little about it thank's
Hi!
Yes, spinal AVMs are not common. You need to consult a surgeon trained in spinal surgeries. The treatment of spinal AVM is either surgery or endovascular embolization (a catheter is passed through a leg artery into the AVM and blocks the artery feeding this AVM by a gel like substance) or a combination. Despite these available options, it is a risky treatment. Do discuss this with your doctor and look for a center with facilities for this type of surgery and necessary expertise in this field. Take care!
Avatar n tn
when i was first told about my avm i was told i would be sent to england to have gama knife treatment, but since then i have been told i need surgery and could be left parilised , and still have the pain , and if i don't have surgery i could have another bleed and be left parilised, it's a no win situation , can't do my job anymore and am trying to get out of work on medicial grounds . i used to do a lot of running and kept very fit , this has been going on for 3 years and is really getting me down . j.