spinial avm
is there any one out there that has avm and if so i would be greatfull 4 u 2 get back to me even my dr know's very little about it thank's
Hi!
Yes, spinal AVMs are not common. You need to consult a surgeon trained in spinal surgeries. The treatment of spinal AVM is either surgery or endovascular embolization (a catheter is passed through a leg artery into the AVM and blocks the artery feeding this AVM by a gel like substance) or a combination. Despite these available options, it is a risky treatment. Do discuss this with your doctor and look for a center with facilities for this type of surgery and necessary expertise in this field. Take care!
when i was first told about my avm i was told i would be sent to england to have gama knife treatment, but since then i have been told i need surgery and could be left parilised , and still have the pain , and if i don't have surgery i could have another bleed and be left parilised, it's a no win situation , can't do my job anymore and am trying to get out of work on medicial grounds . i used to do a lot of running and kept very fit , this has been going on for 3 years and is really getting me down . j.