swelling on left side of brain
i feel like the left side of my brain is swelling over the right side. i had a head injury about 6 years ago when a garage shut on my head as it was closing. i never had any problems or maybe i just didnt think i had any but now i feel my left brain is way more dominant than my right. any advise?
Did you seen a doc when this accident happened? What were the results of the exam?  If you didn't see a doc back then, I would suggest that you see a doc soon. There's a slight possibility that you could have sub-dermal bleeding in the brain that's been building pressure over the years. (I'm NOT a doc, don't take my word for it.)  But DO see a doc, and get it checked out.

Good luck, '

~Dame
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Usually, such symptoms may result due to post head injury and may last for weeks or months after the injury that caused from the injury of a fall, vehicle accident, or sports injury.  For treatment approach consult a neurologist and it is essential to get (MRI) done to detect the brain or spinal abnormalities. Treatment commonly may be suggested for symptoms such as pain-killers, some antidepressants, physical therapy and regular exercises. Further referral to a psychologist may be also helpful in order to treat usual anxiety or depression after such injuries (sometimes one may have) that may be one of the aggravating factors for persistent symptoms. Hope this information proves helpful to you.  Take Care & Regards!!!