temple pain
What is causing me to have severe shooting pain in my left temple? It is not a headache . It doesn't last but a few seconds but seems longer. Very painful and sometimes its such a severe pain it almost makes me sick at my stomach. It can come on at any time with no warning.I am wondering if it could be sign of a pending stroke or anurysm.Any suggestions?
I am having the exact same symptoms. I went to the hospital and they couldn't figure out what it was that was the causing the pain. They didn't "think" it could be signs of an anurysm. I went to see my doctor today, he had me tested for Temporal Arteritis. I am only 17 years old, however, and generally temporal arteritis occurs in people (especially women) over 60 years old. I will not get the test results back until tomorrow.

Thanks for posting.
Yes temporal arteritis is a possibility but other causes like TMJ and sinusitis need to be ruled out first.
TMJ or Temporo mandibular joint disorder commonly occurs in people who chew gum or are in habit of clenching teeth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporomandibular_joint_disorder
Please discuss these possibilities with your doctor and keep us informed on how you are doing.
Hi . There is a very simple test your dr can do in his office that would help in a diagnosise of TA.( Temporal Arteritis).Its called an ESR blood test.  It tells you if you have  a raised inflamation in your body which is indicative of TA. You would need a temporal biopsy to confirmTA. As was said in the post above, most people with TA are over the age of 55yrs. If  you are in this age bracket I would ask your dr about this test. Good luck! Cath278