Neurology Community
tingling left cheek

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

tingling left cheek

I am a 25 yr. old female. Over the past year I have had random tingling/numbness in my left cheek. When it first began it came and went quickly and I asked my physician about it. He stated that it was probably a nerve problem and that I should see a neurologist. Within the past two months I have noticed an increase of the tingling. It occurs more often, feels more severe and is starting to spread in my cheek. I am also starting to get dull headaches on the left side of my head, in the back. The headaches have been occurring for the past two weeks and come and go with the tingling. I have also started to feel some tingling on the right side of my face now as well. I know I should probably see a neurologist for more answers, but was wondering what these symptoms might mean. Thank you!
While tingling sensations on the cheek are non-specific, your clinical presentation, including the finding of intermittent headache could be related to a migraine attack.  You should consult a neurologist as soon as possible to properly assess your symptoms.
I have the same numbness and tingling in my right cheek then it was in my chin and a little on the left.  I would also get some numbness down my left arm and in my fingers.  Went to the neruologist had MRI Blood test and an unpleasant test with needles and shocking to check nerve function. Everything came back normal.  What I was told was that these were symptoms or Trigeminal neuragia except that because it was bilateral that it was most likely caused by my jaw. TMJ.  I didn't think that I had a problelm with my jaw until I realized that when I'm stress that I clinch my teeth I also wake up with abunch of sucking pressure between my teeth and cheek.  I do not chew gum any more and I go to the chiropractor who adjusts my jaw and massages the muscles in my mouth.  Almost all of the numbess is gone in my face. If I chew  gum or hard/tough things the numbness gets worse quickly.  I recently found out my ex-husband had the same thing. They say it is caused by stress. Now if I could figure out what the buring and tingling in my arms is, the muscle flutters or twitches at different places on my body or the newest thing, heart arrythmia I'd be a happy camper.  
I feel like a hypochondriac when I go to the doctors.  I just wish I had one doctor who was committed to helping me find the answers.Yes I do have major stress and now anxiety.  Xanax helped but I just started day 1of Lexapro to give it a try.  I'm a 37 female with 5 children and we have 3 companies. I'm stressed and tired but not depressed yet.  Wont be long though.  It seems like if it was just stress then If I took xanax for a week straight with muscle relaxers at night, then all this **** should go away. I don't have the ability to try it with 5 children.  Thanks for listening to me ramble. Best of luck .  
If anyone reads this who responded to the old "burning and tingling right hand "forum reads this I'd love to hear from you.

Now if I