tremor, fascinations and "cogwheel-like" muscle movment
About two months ago I started to notice a tremor in my left thumb that would occur when I put it in a certain position, such as reaching for the space bar etc. while typing. Soon is was in my index, other fingers and both hands. No tremor while at rest. Then I would get some stiffness, pain etc. in the fingers while they were at rest, which was relieved by moving them. This was focused to the fingers, but over the last 3-4 weeks has subsided. It is now a general tenderness in the meat of the palm, and back of hand.

A week or so into the above symptoms I started to get fascinations all over my body. calf, thigh, arch of foot, arm, hand, back of neck, abdomen, etc. and some mild cramping. I have also noticed a "shaky, ratcheting, cogwheeling, vibrating, etc. sensation in my muscles when I drop my arms and legs down from a raised position" to quote another person on the board. For example, if I am sitting and I extend my leg and then let it down slowly, or extend my arm, point my hand up at a 45 degree angle, then slowly lower it, etc.

I am wondering what these symptoms could mean? I have been to a neurologist. I had a clean contrast MRI and will have a nerve conduction study next week. I was prescribed 50 mg daily pregabalin (Lyrica), presumably for fibromyalgia. Any input, physician or otherwise, would be appreciated.
I have spine nerve related pain and was prescribed Lyrica. After one day, I got extremely nervous and had body gyrations at bed time. I now take Ultram(Tramadol). Good Luck.
What were your results? I have similar symptoms.
I have had similar symptons for over 2 years. They seem to come and go, and so do new ones, such as new pains or twitches. I have been through the neurologist MRI route twice & he found nothing. He thinks it's stress, but has no evidence.
He put me on Dosulepin (I think its an anti-seizure medicine), but I found this affected my mood quite radically so I stopped it.
I've tried a Chinese medicine practitioner (also a qualified western doctor) - difficult to say, but certainly no radical improvement with this.

The collection of symptoms we in this forum are describing seem to be unknown to doctors, or at least, undiagnosable. We should probably start a database of sufferers & write to one of the medical journals.

Let me know your progress.
I have the same symptoms with the jerky ratcheting motion when I lower my arms, and my doctor told me this could be early signs of Parkinson's disease.