veritgo & body leaning to one side
On Jan 7,2010
i was in a very traumatic car wreck,broke my pelvis on left side near hip bone,the doctor said the way it fractured was rare & unusual,since the pelvis usually cracks in 2-3 places,but it fractured in one place,i also fractured my tailbone & my c7 of the neck bone was fractured.I bruised my kidney & spleen,& torn a small slit in my liver.3 weeks have passed since then & about 3-4 days ago ive experienced 3 recurrent episodes of vertigo & the unability to control my right side from leaning over.It starts with the room spinning after waking up,then i'd wait a while before getting up & then my whole right side just seems to lean over,it also affects when i try to walk,as my whole body seems to lean to the right,also after that fades away which the leaning lasts a good 10 minutes,id experience light headed ness that last for an hour after.I noticed that a certain position (to the right) that i moved in my neck triggered the dizzy sensation.I went to the er,had an mri done,it shown what was thought to be an injury to the artery around the back of my neck,and he said no surgery can be done and would take 6 months to heal,(was reviewed by an vascular specialist)an neurologist reviewed the mri and had said something about damage to blood vessel.Then they had an CT scan done and had shown nothing wrong with me,and my arteries looked perfectly fine.If im thinking correctly the mri also showed a "sliver" of blood,a small amount in my brain.The doctor said it wouldnt of caused the symptoms im having and basically said it's just vertigo,that usually does occur prior to an trauma.IM COMPLETELY LOST!All makes no sense to me,i didnt think vertigo could cause one whole side of the body to just lean to the right,and a certain movement in my neck triggers it?Couldnt the CT scan of hid something & just maybe the MRI was accurate?

Any input?could the doctors made an false diagnosis or could it just be true?
Hi Kelsey,

Yes, vertigo can cause you to lean to one side; affects balance.  You mentioned about fx to c7 and the abnormal MRI; I believe that is the root of the problem.  The CT is nothing next to the MRI as far as imaging; I would take the results from the MRI.  
I can't understand why a physician would tell you your vertigo is not related to the trauma you received in the accident.  

You have proprioreceptors in your neck, inner ear and brain that are responsible for balance and coordination.  Trauma can alter these proprioreceptors thus causing vertigo/balance issues; i.e. c7fx.  Your blood flow to the brain is also compromised by arterial damage.  These combination I believe is causing the problem with vertigo.  

You definitely need to follow up with Vascular, Ortho and Neuro.  Try to be patient
with your recovery; the accident you were in sounds like a terrible one; long road to recover.