what are these lumbar lesions?
Just got a copy of my lumbar mri report and there are multiple lesions which apparently are indicative of 'haemangiomata'.  What does this mean and should I be concerned?  T2 and STIR have high singal sequences, and low signal on TI.  Other findings too but can understand these.  Googled it but just came up with a list of skin tumours, which I don't have.  I would really appreciate an answer thanks.

Haemangioma are benign vascular tumors. This is all i can help you with.

It would be helpful if you could post what other doubts you have.

What symptoms are you having? why was the MRI done? What is your age?

It would be best to discuss the report in detail with your doctor and radiologist. Talk to them about the management plan and what needs to be done.

Do let us know what your doctor tells you.

hope this helps.
Good luck.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I didn't know if haemangiomata and haemangioma were the same.  I suppose they are.  I've been referred to a neurologist because of hip pain and weakness.  My knee jerk reflex on one side is reduced.  I'm in my early forties. I also have bladder problems which I've been told are neurological.  I was told by my doctor that my MRI was nothing remarkable, so was shocked when I saw the report.  The lesions are in vertebrae T12,L1,L2,L4,L5 and S1.  Lots of other problems also reported but these are degenerative changes as far as I know.  My lower back seems a mess.  I am worried about the cause and prognosis for these lesions, and that I was not told about them.  I had to apply independantly to view the report.  Even now I am missing information.  Despite my doctor's reassurances I was referred for a very early appointment to see a neurologist (next week).  I am quite shocked and confused as to what is going on.  I have never turned to an internet site for help before but this conflict of what I was told and what I have found out has thrown me.  Any advice or input will help.  Also I am doing my own research and will press for more information.  Thank you so much.