whiplash after effects
my wife will say she gets some tingling feelings/lightheadedness on the side where she had a bad case of whiplash (side of head/neck).  she has had mri's in the past and they were fine.  she has had these weird feelings before which prompted her mri's.  her neuro said the nerve/nerves in that area are most likely giving her the odd sensations.  she is very stressed out and i think this contributes to her feeling this way, since stress and these odd sensations have occurred in the past at the same time.  she has had tingling feelings w/her feet when she first walks in the morning, esp. if she sleeps on the side that the whiplash occurred.  the neuro said that this can contribute to those feelings too.  has anyone else experienced this or have seen stress cause similar symptoms???  she does not have these sensations/symptoms all the time, some days it will happen a few times, then go days w/out anything.
Yes, I have the tingling in my head and face, with migraines that are located on the same side.  I found out after 8 years that I have a bulging disk in my cervical area, C-3, my doc says that this is the cause of the facial tingling and migraines.  This all started after a minor fender bender 8 years ago, but I have been in 3 rear-end collisions in the past 17 years, not good.  I don't know if this caused the bulging disk, but it seemed really odd that only after 2 months of the last accident is when I started to get the migraines.  I have also had a brain MRI in April w/ and w/o contrast, everything normal.  Anxiety and stress will also cause these sensations, I don't know which it is for me, because I do have anxiety, and a bulging disk.  I get tingling in my feet also, and just about everywhere else for that matter.  Anxiety can cause alot of these sensations.  I hope your wife feels better, its awful to have weird things going on and every test and doc tells you your normal, sometimes I feel like crying. I take Xanax, it has a mild muscle relaxant in it, and it helps alot with the facial thing.  A 1/2 of a .25 mg works well.  Hope this helps, shes not alone, weird things can happen when you have neck problems, believe me!!!
I was involved in an auto accident and my mri showed nothing. I finally had an mri with contrst which showed a torn disc in my neck, I have numbness and tingling in my left hand and also in my left foot.....has to do with the torn disc. For me the problem is not anxiety. When I have pain in my neck I also have the tingling in my foot and neck..especially when I am lying down.