Neurology Community
white spots on brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

white spots on brain

My mom has been suffering with really bad headackes on one side of her head. she went to the neurologist and took some test and during a mri test they said there is little white spots in my moms head. What could the white spots mean? what is the cause of it and how can she stop having these bad headackes????????
Avatar n tn
I also have had bad headaches (migraines) and white spots were found on a ct scan and then later on a follow up mri. My neurologist said they were from the migraines. I have my doubts but at this point I haved no other answers. I have always received some relief using imitrex for my headaches.But when they got worse I used Topamax which helped alot, just research because of some side effects that could be serious. Prayer also was the biggest help.
Avatar n tn
thank you so much! lately my mom has been getting the headackes mor often and the hurt really bad. the nurologist told her to go get a blood test so we are still waiting for the results of that . but everyone is now concerned about the furture of of her well being. we dont want to think neative and the white spots but everytime she has a headacke it feels like a death sentence to her.
This sounds exactly what I have been going though for the past year. I had 2 white spots on the right side last year and this year they found 4-5. Kinda concerning to me but the Neurologist seems to think it is nothing to be concerned about.  She just said to continue the medication and see you in three months. I am going to go for a second opinion.  I don't want to be taking medication for the rest of my life if I don't have to. My headaches are excruciating and are on one side of my head. I know what your mom feels like when she says it feels like it is a death sentence. It is a pain like no other. Without a rest, it doesn't stop for anything, even if you have had enough. I hope she can find out what is causing her migraines. I will continue to try and find a Doctor who will help find the cause and not just put a bandaid on it like medication.