Neurology Community
would like to know if a brain cyst can be genetic?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I was wondering if a brain cyst can be genetic or is it caused by trauma to the head?
Cysts of brain can be congenital like arachnoid cyst, pineal cyst, epidermoid and dermoid cyst. Few cysts like colloid cyst may appear after trauma or CSF block.. Some cysts like neurocysticercosis may occur after parasitic infection. Please arrange an appointment with a neurologist who will evaluate the further possibilities here and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for answering my question, I am not really sure what kind of cyst it is, it was found after having tests done for my migraines. It is on the right side of my brain at the base I guess that is what you would call it. Thank you again.