Neurosurgery Expert Forum
lower back pain
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
lower back pain
hello I was just wondering if it was normal to have extremly bad lower back pain due to spinal stenosis? It seems to hurt the worst when I walk or sit on the floor for more than 5 minutes. The pain is almost unbarable even with percocet 10/325 in my system. The pain meds seem to wear off about an 2 hours after I take them. I just want to know if the pain i am experiencing is normal for my condition. Thanks
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Pain is subjective and nobody can tell you what's normal.

The fact the meds only work for 2 hours is very strange though. Are you saying 2 hours after you take them they're no longer working at all period? I find that very hard to believe based on my experience. I'm someone that usually has meds wear out after about 3-4 hours max and nerve blocks during surgery that normally go 24 hours make it maybe 6 hours with me. And I used to take 120+ mg of percocet at a time on top of long-acting meds every few hours to control pain for years.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Yes two hours seems to be the normal amount of time untill the pain meds wear off however sometimes they last longer than that. Sometimes around 3-4 hours. The pain comes back pretty quick but not full force until around 3-4 hours or so. I have a pain appointment coming up in a month so I will hopfully get some answers then but I just wanted to know someone elses take on the pain. I just hope the pain DR doesnt take me off the percs cause there the only thing thats helping me get out of bed.  Thank you for responding and I hope you arent in much pain.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
623823_tn?1357420257
in lumbar stenosis, pain could be one of your symptoms. anyways why you dont send us the MRI image of stenosis
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now