...Canadian man misses Super Bowl trip after 1981 pot
...Canadian man misses Super Bowl trip after 1981 pot bust denies him entry to U.S.
Myles Wilkinson won a fantasy football contest to attend Super Bowl XLVII, but his dreams of going to the big game went up in smoke because of a 1981 pot bust.

According to a story by the CBC, the 50-year Canadian man was denied entry to the United States this week because of a conviction for possession of two grams of marijuana over 30 years ago.

Wilkinson, a Seattle Seahawks fan from Vancouver Island, beat out almost four million other players to win the trip to see the San Francisco 49ers play the Baltimore Ravens. But when he got to the airport on Thursday, U.S. customs agents brought up an arrest the man had when he was 19. They denied him entry to the country and ended any chance of making it down to New Orleans for a memorable weekend
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/canadian-man-wins-contest-attend-super-bowl-not-210921980--nfl.html

That just ain't right!

Those darned Canucks...nothing but trouble.  I wouldn't let us in either...lol.

You guys take your pot seriously over there don't you.  Is it a felony in the US?
Oh, and if he lives on Vancouver Island, chances are good he still smokes pot..lol.  Very liberal there...lots' of aging hippies.  It's awfully pretty though!

I'm sure there is more to the story than is being told.

It could be since he was a Canadian trying to get to Cajun Country and Cajuns settled here after being kicked out of Canada, they were afraid he wouldn't go back.

Cajuns (pron.: /ˈkeɪdʒən/; French: les Cadiens or les Acadiens, [le kadjɛ̃, lez‿akadjɛ̃]) are an ethnic group mainly living in the U.S. state of Louisiana, consisting of the descendants of Acadian exiles (French-speakers from Acadia in what are now the Canadian Maritimes). Today, the Cajuns make up a significant portion of south Louisiana's population, and have exerted an enormous impact on the state's culture.[1]

While Lower Louisiana had been settled by French colonists since the late 17th century, the Cajuns trace their roots to the influx of Acadian settlers after the Great Expulsion from their homeland during the French and Indian War (1754 to 1763). The Acadia region to which modern Cajuns trace their origin consisted largely of what are now New Brunswick and the other Maritime provinces, plus parts of eastern Quebec and northern Maine. Since their establishment in Louisiana the Cajuns have developed their own dialect, Cajun French, and developed a vibrant culture including folkways, music, and cuisine.

Hmm...so let me get this straight.  We Canadians ran a whole bunch of French folk out of a country where it's winter for 6 months of the year, has extremely cold weather, rains through most of the summer and is on the Atlantic Ocean (that part of the country anyway) and you all landed in a part of the US where you can ride your motorcycles in January without a neoprene mask (would love to watch someone try to ride a motorcycle in January in New Brunswick..ha), on the Gulf Coast, sandy beaches instead of rocky beaches, with a city that celebrates Mardi Gras, and your ticked off at us????  Yeah, um, ok - YOU SHOULD BE THANKING US!!!!....I'm French..wish they would have run my family out to your neck of the woods.  (if of course you fix your health care system..lol, had to get that in!!)

Know what I think the real problem is?  British Columbia is reputed to grow some of the best pot in the world!  They are jealous...ha
LOL

Getting dressed to drive to New Orleans for work right now. I'm not looking foward to the traffic after lastnights game in the Super Dome. It's only going to get worse as Mardi Gras gets in full gear.

I'm sure there is more to the story. I find it hard to beleive they refused to let him in over a 2 gram, 30 year old Pot Bust.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
specialmom commented on KTowne's status
Nov 30
specialmom commented on MY cuz
Nov 30
specialmom commented on Heather8448's status
Nov 30