Non-Epileptic Seizures User Group
Stress Related Seizure
About This Group:

This is a group for those who have had seizures which have not been diagnosed as epilepsy whether Psychogenic (PNES) or tied in with a medical condition such as POTS, drug use/withdrawal, or any other seizure-like activity which is NOT epilepsy. This is for those who need support in options of who to see, tests to run, or where to get treatment.

Founded by Babbieface on September 9, 2011
24 members

Stress Related Seizure

My 16 year old niece went in today to an oral surgeon to have her wisdom teeth removed.  They claim that before they began to administer the anesthesia, she had a seizure.  There is no family history of epilepsy or seizures.  She has never had any health problems other than typical colds, etc.  The doctor said that it was because she was nervous about the procedure and that is why she had a seizure.  (Although she told me she wasn't nervous before she went for the surgery.)  They went on with the surgery as though nothing had happened but said that she would have to wear scrubs on the way home because she may not have control over her bowels or urination.  They also said this could be a once in a lifetime occurance.  

Something seems odd.  If she had a seizure, why didn't an expert look at her rather than continuing to administer the anesthesia and doing the surgery?  Is it possible for seizures to be caused by a small one time bought of nerves?  Please help!  
Prayers
Mar 21 by Criddybuggin
Criddybuggin Neruo Limbo Comment
Mar 21
Criddybuggin commented on Criddybuggin's status
Mar 08