Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
Compulsive liar?

This community is an un-mediated, community for questions and support regarding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues such as: causes, check locks, check stoves, clean things, count items, dirt, doubt, drugs and medications, family and relationship issues, fear of forgetting, fear that a mistake will harm a loved one, financial issues, germs, horrific images, OCD research , order things, perform rituals, repugnant images, repugnant religious thoughts, repugnant sexual thoughts, , shower, symmetry, symptoms, touch things, treatment, violent images, wash hands

Compulsive liar?

Soo yeah, pretty sure I'm a compulsive liar. Whenever I tell stories I "enhance" them. Occasionally I will make up stories. But not to make me sound "cooler" or anything, it just makes everything more fun. And also if I accidentally say something and somebody asks if it's true, I go along with it! I'm too nervous to say no, its like I lie on impulse. Even on stupid online quizzes I catch myself lying >.< I don't know... Is this a symptom of OCD (since it seems like its compulsive) or a completely new disorder?
Hi Not, i dont think you have ocd, its more likely that you enjoying the fantacy life. You realize in your head that you can be anything you want and it can be fun.
The problem comes up when you say something that will come back to really hurt you. Lets say you meet someone you like and start making up stories to get them more interested in you. Lets say they do become more and a lot of it was what you made up. Lets say you fall in love  and then have to tell the truth and you know that truth will really screw it up. This is what im talking about.

If i were you, i would cut down on this play acting as it can become habitual and really bite you in the butt some day.
I already know I have OCD, my question was just that if the lying was apart of it
Well, if you have OCD and you KNOW that you constantly embellish stories on a regular basis, then I would say that it could be a compulsion.  But here is the thing, does it make anxiety go away?  Do you NEED to do it in order to feel right in your life?  Because there are addictions and/or habits that people develop that may not necessarily fall under OCD.  Say for instance gambling is a habit, more than likely something to do with the way the brain works, but does not necessarily mean it is OCD.  Hopefully that makes sense.  I would suggest though that you talk to your therapist about it because after a while people will catch on and it may make it hard to keep friends.  I have a friend that I consider a compulsive liar and while I still invite him to our house and he is a generally nice guy, I honestly don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth anymore and I would never fix him up with one of my friends.  So get a handle on it.